Gene, here is your pictorial update of your supercharged SRT progress.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry this pictorial isn't too detailed, but it's late and Gene wanted me to post his progress of the work I am doing for him. He is powder coating, exhaust, spark plug wires, new clutch, supercharger belt and some other items done to his car.
Gene had a local mechanic work on his car and since then he has had some troubles with his Viper so he brought it to me to help out. Gene here's your pictures and man I was shocked to see how careless the last mechanic that worked on your car was. Details! details! Must pay attention to that. Thanks for letting me help out and trusting me.
I will try to post more later.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry this pictorial isn't too detailed, but it's late and Gene wanted me to post his progress of the work I am doing for him.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....not too detailed huh???? I don't think I have enought time left on Earth to see one of your "detailed" pictorials. :)

Good job. I would surely let you work on my car if I were anywhere near you.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics - perfect amount of detail! Why in the world would Dodge put the coil packs under the intake manifold? Wires look awesome!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great tutorial and pics. What's the trick to get the last plug on the driver's side out (#10?) and the plug wire safely off on a Gen3 Paxton with the fuel pumps in the way?

Thanks

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great tutorial and pics. What's the trick to get the last plug on the driver's side out (#10?) and the plug wire safely off on a Gen3 Paxton with the fuel pumps in the way?

Thanks

No trick in doing it. I just pull out the metal plug shield out and take out the plug. Pretty easy.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great write up enjoyed it a lot, dread having to change the leads on the SRT, my Gen I was hard, the Gen II I thought they learnt a lesson but the Gen III is going to be real fun.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great work Adam-appreciate what your doing.

I see the problem now. They did wonderful work on painting the 08 hood but did not pay attention when they put the painted Valve covers back on. I should have waited on the covers.

The overlays were not staying on very well so we decided to have the valve covers and plenum powder coated blue.

Adam will be installing the Spec 3 clutch with new throw out bearings and new plates on the spec light weight fly wheel.

After I got the Viper back from the body shop-I kept getting a bad code - miss fire on # 1. Since the code kept coming back I thought it may possibly be a blown head gasket - it is good to know the problem was in the wiring.

How fortunate I am to have Adam to work on my Viper. He is about 100 miles from my location.

You can fully trust Adam with your Viper-I told him to completely check over the Viper and do what was necessary. Things will be done right and believe me he is very reasonable on the labor charge.

I ask Adam how the exhaust sounds and he said "great but LOUD". :) That is what I wanted - shoot-I have hearing aids so with them out it will sound tame to me. My wife and neighbors will just have to get use to it. Hope my wife doesn't read this post.;) Just kidding she is happy for me to have a Viper. I have a very understanding wife:clap:-thank the Lord.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No trick in doing it. I just pull out the metal plug shield out and take out the plug. Pretty easy.
Thanks for the tip, so you just pull out the shield with plyers and pop it back in after the plug is replaced? thanks again!

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got sidetracked on another project, but coincidently went looking for the packing material today. I should have them packed up and ready to go early next week and will let you know. BTW, contracts on having Ab look at your car. I'm sure you're thrilled to have it in his capable hands, and to have discovered a number of obvious problems like he did. Sure wish there was someone in the Washington DC/MD/VA area.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT write up! Thanks for taking the time to show us this in detail. The new wires look pretty cool. I like the blue theme that goes with everything.

Jeff

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I never realized the coil packs were under the manifold on a gen III. Talk about a stress test for the coils, wow.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great work Adam.

Wow the fly wheel plate had a lot of burn spots and that was with about 7000 miles. Got to be honest I ride the clutch way too much. Dog gone it I have got to stop doing that.

Can't wait to see the pics of the powder coated valve covers and intake. I need to get a new X Metal throttle body.

Adam-If possible-I would like to hear a sound clip of the exhaust. I think you put one on about a year ago but a lot of changes have been made to the exhaust system. Like to see a pic of the flame thrower.

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you sure you got the cylinder numbers right??? The odds are drivers side and evens are pass side! Cylinder one is furthest forward in car on the drivers side and two is pass side front of car.

The crankshaft is forged steel. The cylinder block and cylinder heads are aluminum. The firing order is 1–10–9–4–3–6–5–8–7–2. The cylinders are numbered from front to rear as follows:
  • on the left bank—1, 3, 5, 7, 9
  • on the right bank—2, 4, 6, 8, 10
Outside of that the pics are very cool...

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be interested to hear how well the car runs after straightening out those ignition issues caused by the mechanic and painter!!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you sure you got the cylinder numbers right??? The odds are drivers side and evens are pass side! Cylinder one is furthest forward in car on the drivers side and two is pass side front of car.

The crankshaft is forged steel. The cylinder block and cylinder heads are aluminum. The firing order is 1–10–9–4–3–6–5–8–7–2. The cylinders are numbered from front to rear as follows:
  • on the left bank—1, 3, 5, 7, 9
  • on the right bank—2, 4, 6, 8, 10
Outside of that the pics are very cool...

I have not put on the my wires as of yet, but I will be double checking the placement.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great work Adam.

Wow the fly wheel plate had a lot of burn spots and that was with about 7000 miles. Got to be honest I ride the clutch way too much. Dog gone it I have got to stop doing that.

Can't wait to see the pics of the powder coated valve covers and intake. I need to get a new X Metal throttle body.

Adam-If possible-I would like to hear a sound clip of the exhaust. I think you put one on about a year ago but a lot of changes have been made to the exhaust system. Like to see a pic of the flame thrower.

Don't feel so bad, part of the issue is the Aluminum flywheel itself. Believe me, other than being cheap (cost) the OEM's have plenty of reasons to run cast(nodular iron) flywheels. In street applications lightweight flywheels produce those types of issues. Besides the weight issue, (and I can't vouch for Viper applications) most Aluminum flywheels use a steel insert. The steel insert does not have the same friction characteristics as nodular iron (most performance factory flywheels). That fact alone makes your factory clutch and pressure plate less capable of holding higher horsepower applications. The other obvious fact is that you now have a flywheel that's much lighter and does not have same potential energy to move your car from a stop. Both these combined result in glazed and burnt flywheels and pressure plates.

By the way nice work AB!

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gene is adding more things as we go along. I am trying to get his car back to him, but he loves having mods done to it.:rolaugh:

We got his polished plenum from DLM and awaiting the valve covers for his car from xmetal. So his entire system will look very shiney.

He is also adding a wideband, poly motor mounts, trans mounts and a few other knick knacks. Just changed his SC belt which is tougher than it looks, but not too bad. I made a special tool to help release the belt. DLM uses a stronger tensioner than what paxton uses to help with belt slippage (prevent). Not a lot of pics right now, but we will have more up. Just waiting on parts to come in.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was waiting for AB to push his wires. LOL But I gotta say that he sure earned it with all the effort involved in this post.

Thanks for all the work! This is a great thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave