Generations

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlackSnake99 and I went out for a little drive today and took some pictures along the way. Thought I'd share some of the outcome.....two beautiful cars!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Total blast. Great way to spend a Sunday. I got a new respect for the beauty and power of the Gen IV.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely a fun, relaxing way to spend an afternoon. Your pics turned out awesome, especially with the overcast we had. See ya next weekend!

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I would never warm up to the Gen 3+ look . Once I bought a Gen IV I just havn't looked back. I still love the GTS but the Gen IV just wins me over . Might be part of how much more of a beast it is then my 00 ACR was . Either way, what ever Generation of car is in my garage just glad to be part of the club . Beautiful cars and pics :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS holds it own in the looks department but the ACR does look better. Wow that car looks great.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That first photo shows why the gen2 looks better than the gen 3 or 4. fine smooth lines of perfection and like a fine wine that only get better with age, next to the rough hard edges of one that is riden hard and put away wet. ;)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good shoot with two solid color cars... The ACR looks Bad A$$.. However these pics really show off the sleek flowing lines of the GTS. The integration of the hatch into the rear quarters, the gas cap location, the rounded doors, hood and fenders are really accented in a solid black or saphire GTS. The ACR on the other hand is more imposing, especially up close and in person and it screams "Take no Prisoners":sbones:

Nice Job...

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all about the Gen2. The flowing lines are more 'elegant' that the Gen-IV, which is brutish and masculine. Both amazing cars and it was great to just get 'em out on a beautiful Sunday and enjoy the day. Only 200 more miles to go until she's broken in.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing about the day was finally obtaining definitive proof of the superiority of black. You can see that even owners of yellow ACRs prostrate themselves in front of black.... It was embarrassing really. Something I will have to get used to.:D:D

It's either that, or Kelly found yet another imperfection in my paint.

PS- Thanks for the props everybody. I LOVE Kelly's car. He gave me a ride and I can tell you I LOVE his car. I am still a GEN II guy but boy I can tell you the Gen IV has me thinking....

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL.....I hate you. :lmao::lmao:

It was fun 'wife swapping'. You are the first person to drive the car besides me. It was amazing to see what a difference a little engine work makes in the Gen2 engine. Your car is quick, and you really need new tires! :rolaugh:

The best thing about the day was finally obtaining definitive proof of the superiority of black. You can see that even owners of yellow ACRs prostrate themselves in front of black.... It was embarrassing really. Something I will have to get used to.:D:D

It's either that, or Kelly found yet another imperfection in my paint.

PS- Thanks for the props everybody. I LOVE Kelly's car. He gave me a ride and I can tell you I LOVE his car. I am still a GEN II guy but boy I can tell you the Gen IV has me thinking....

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'You need new tires' is Kelly's way of saying 'I almost lost your car in second gear and it's really your fault' if anyone needs a translation.

:D:D

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey now...I was always in complete control! One thing you get very good at after owning these cars for a few years is 'listening' to the back end. When it talked, I listened, and no squirrels were harmed in the process. :D

Or, I was actually referring to some other activity later in the day.....with you behind the wheel. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I may even have a video of it somewhere...I can post it if you like. :D

'You need new tires' is Kelly's way of saying 'I almost lost your car in second gear and it's really your fault' if anyone needs a translation.

:D:D

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...what is all the smoke from? It's not a corvette, so it can't be the clutch! :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9yEQdrg920[/media]
ETA: But hey, I've done it too....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StuyzsnAh5I[/media]

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the title of this thread.... I'm more than happy to add some gen 1 flair one these days!

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking cars. I saw a new ACR for the first time last week and they sure are impressive.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool to see the cars side by side. One of these days I'm going to do a photo shoot with my B/W GTS and the GTS Blue ACR.

It's interesting to see them nose-to-nose. I was looking for a picture like that before I got my ACR. The GTS scrapes on anything bigger than a road reflector, and I was really worried that the ACR would lose that front splitter. Most of the ACR pics I've seen make that front splitter look like it's a quarter inch off the ground. Looking at your pics, though, there seems to be a lot more clearance than on the GTS.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both look good, i would lower them both so they look great.
that's just me though. :drive:

BlackSnake99's car is already lowered an inch and a quarter, and I'm too chicken to drop mine any further and still drive it on the street. ;)

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool to see the cars side by side. One of these days I'm going to do a photo shoot with my B/W GTS and the GTS Blue ACR.

It's interesting to see them nose-to-nose. I was looking for a picture like that before I got my ACR. The GTS scrapes on anything bigger than a road reflector, and I was really worried that the ACR would lose that front splitter. Most of the ACR pics I've seen make that front splitter look like it's a quarter inch off the ground. Looking at your pics, though, there seems to be a lot more clearance than on the GTS.

I ran across a set of speed bumps this weekend heading to the Ferrari show that made me say "nope, forget it, I'm turning around". I *might* have made it, but I'm not chancing it.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you. The worst things are those V-shaped driveway entrances - for example where the edge of the road is graded downward, and then the driveway rises steeply. I looked like a complete idiot once where I started pulling off the road and into the driveway, and the splitter just started to contact the ground. I tried to re-angle the car a few times, but no way. When I got out to look, I was glad I didn't push it - the way the road graded downward, and the driveway graded upward, I was about two inches or more short of clearance. Also, that driveway had really rough spots (from other people scraping) and it would have undoubtedly toasted the splitter. Unfortunately it was the only way into the place I was headed, so I had to park about a quarter mile away.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So on the subject of "Generations" I guess I'll air my ignorance still being a Noob of sorts... How much did the frame, chasis and suspension change from Gen2 to Gen3 ? Clean sheet redesign or makeover ? Any good reading available on this ?

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So on the subject of "Generations" I guess I'll air my ignorance still being a Noob of sorts... How much did the frame, chasis and suspension change from Gen2 to Gen3 ? Clean sheet redesign or makeover ? Any good reading available on this ?

I'll be honest with you, I haven't had a chance to pull the wheels off this thing and compare the underpinnings to the Gen2. I can tell you that compared to my '01 ACR, the ride is night and day. This would be a great GrailKeeper question.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking great guys, sounds like it was a fun day!

BTW Black, get some wheels for that thing! ;)