Generations

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mian reason I ask is because while you can see the DNA the Gen4s just look so much more substantial (BIG)

I'll be honest with you, I haven't had a chance to pull the wheels off this thing and compare the underpinnings to the Gen2. I can tell you that compared to my '01 ACR, the ride is night and day. This would be a great GrailKeeper question.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure once you can finally open it up you will forget about the small trunk!

Once I get to open it up, the only thing that will exist is the steering wheel, the gas pedal, and the roar in my ears...followed by sheer panic, threshold braking, and then blue flashing lights and handcuffs.....Cobean luck, I tell ya!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thought...

GTS is looking better from the 3/4 front angle..

SRT10 is looking better from the head on angle...

SRT10 tail looks better when they are back to back like that...More agressive

To close to call from the 3/4 rear view..I like the GTS shape..But love the srt10 side strake..

Both look great!!!!!!!!

We know the stock srt10 acr is pushing 550 rwhp...Whats the modded GTS pushin?

V

Venomiss

You guys need a slow red Viper to follow....:D

Great shots and they would look really good with something red in the background to make your vipers "pop".

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup. Ain't going any lower.

LOL. Workin' on it. Just emailed JonB today. Rims or blower, rims or blower.... :D

Roe blower of course. Then rims. 99GTS plus Roe @8# with water/**** = 600rwhp/644rwtq on a STOCK engine!!! That's 50rwhp and 100rwtq more than a Gen 4. Then make it pretty too.

Ted

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe blower of course. Then rims. 99GTS plus Roe @8# with water/**** = 600rwhp/644rwtq on a STOCK engine!!! That's 50rwhp and 100rwtq more than a Gen 4. Then make it pretty too.

Ted

She's already pretty.:D

Yup, I want a Roe. Let me know if you know of one for sale.
I have head work so I hope for slightly more hp with that.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Black Snake - you might want to wait another 6 months for the 2.8L blower kits to be worked out. They should be good for another 50 extra hp with less boost. Sean's working on the programming and details now and developing a 2.8L kit.

I think that Larry Macedo (Macedo Motorsports) told me a while ago that he had a used Roe kit??? [email protected], Probably worth giving him an email. I bought an extra supercharged GTS to resell or I would be trying to sell you my Roe 2.4L blower and order my new 2.8L. Since I invested so much in this ACR I'll probably be waiting until I sell it or someone offers me a deal before I buy the 2.8L Sean waits until he has the amount of orders he needs before he builds the blower kits so put your name in and give him a deposit ir you want a new blower kit.

Ted

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing about the day was finally obtaining definitive proof of the superiority of black. You can see that even owners of yellow ACRs prostrate themselves in front of black.... It was embarrassing really. Something I will have to get used to.:D:D

You must be registered for see images attach

It's either that, or Kelly found yet another imperfection in my paint.

PS- Thanks for the props everybody. I LOVE Kelly's car. He gave me a ride and I can tell you I LOVE his car. I am still a GEN II guy but boy I can tell you the Gen IV has me thinking....

What is that awful-looking roadkill? Someone should have shoveled it out of the way before the picture! :omg: I'm a diehard GenIII/IV but I didn't realize how much sleeker the Gen II is from these pictures.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts on Gens. I have had all 4 (one more Gen 4 on the way) ImO, :

1.GTS-best looking overall
2.RT--best look from the rear
3.Gen 4 best driver and sound from the factory
4 Best paint Gen1/2

Gen3/4 most unphotogenic car on the planet. Looks much better in person. Too bad $$ moved Dodge from the trademark clamshell hood. Hood/fenders on Gen 3/4 take away from looks.

Combine the looks of a GTS with the power/driveability of a Gen4--the perfect Viper

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score

4 Best paint Gen1/2

Gen3/4 most unphotogenic car on the planet. Looks much better in person. Too bad $$ moved Dodge from the trademark clamshell hood. Hood/fenders on Gen 3/4 take away from looks.

Combine the looks of a GTS with the power/driveability of a Gen4--the perfect Viper

I think that pretty much sums it up. But why does, in your opinion, the paint on the old gts look better? I have a 2000 gts acr and my wife's only preference on the new gen 4's is that the paint looks much higher quality and I tend to concur.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thhin that pretty much sums it up. But why does, in your opinion, the paint on the old gts look better? I have a 2000 gts acr and my wife's only preference on the new gen 4's is that the paint looks much higher quality and I tend to concur.

The paint on the Gen-4's is soft and scratches/swirls easily. the paint on the Gen-2's is much harder/tougher, in my experience.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that pretty much sums it up. But why does, in your opinion, the paint on the old gts look better? I have a 2000 gts acr and my wife's only preference on the new gen 4's is that the paint looks much higher quality and I tend to concur.

Others can explain better. But on my 3 Gen 3/4s if you look hard at the car the paint chips. I know dealers who have complained loudly to Dodge. In the older cars the paint job was a source of pride--better than almost any car made.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint has changed over the years due to EPA rules, much more fragile now but of course more friendly to the environment when sprayed. having said that my 08 Black ACR's paint arrived perfectly done. Investing in clear bra all around is the answer to chipping.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint has changed over the years due to EPA rules, much more fragile now but of course more friendly to the environment when sprayed. having said that my 08 Black ACR's paint arrived perfectly done. Investing in clear bra all around is the answer to chipping.

Lee:

I agree. It is not just Viper. My 09 CTS-V is worse. I do clear bra my cars in varying dgrees. My GT is about 75%. Clearbra is not perfect either, however. It pops in places when hit (doing its job) and it has to be replaced every so often (yrs) It is ironic that the red paint on my 92 looks better than the red on the 09.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

4 Best paint Gen1/2

Quite profound. That's why I have a modified Gen GTS and ACR.

I disagree with #2 however and one of the things I like best about the 06 and newer coupes is that they are similar to the GTS rear.

I understand that oil based paints are not being sold now???

When I told the paint guy to repaint my ACRs front bumper (bottom) he whined about how the water based paints don't do the stripes well. He'd painted the stripes and the Red bled into the silver. He though I was gonna accept it?

Ted

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Jeez Kelly, you're gonna get that snazzy shirt all dirty if you keep lyin down on the job like that my friend!!!