Gentleman, I will attempt to program a new key fob for my RT-10.. some pics

AAKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the wire in the picture is the famous and correct green wire under the dash.. ?
I will try to use Ron's list..

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/557774-Key-Fob-Remote-Programming-(DIY)-by-Ron

But gentleman, I need help in the details like whether I got the correct green wire or not?
What part on the car is the best place too ground the green wire on the gen 1 Viper?

Then from Rons' post I turn the ignition to run position while green wire is still grounded!
Then the EEM acknowledges entry into programming mode by flashing the dash LED.
(All GEN I) Press and release the arm or disarm button on either FOB, then same for the next key

Thanks for any advice, Arthur

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like it. I assume you found it unattached? If so, that's a good sign.

Most any metal under the dash is grounded but you'll need an unpainted area to have a proper connection. Usually a screw head is good as the threads have a direct contact to the grounded metal. All FOBs have to be programed at the same time, including ones that were already programed.

Anything else?

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yeah, don't have permissions to view that.

Having all the DIY threads in one location for members to find is great and makes it easy for them, but if the original thread was started in an open section I really wish it would remain there. :(

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I am only speculating...BUT, I believe that the general idea is to restrict some info in order to encourage membership. There have certainly been HEATED discussions about this in the past.

When a Viper owner calls me, I try to help.