Programming a key fob for 1999 GTS Coupe

GmanSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone programmed a key for their viper without using the Dodge scan tool? You have to ground the "remote keyless entry program" wire at the "Electronic Entry Module" then turn the key to run...this is supposed to initiate the program sequence but it's not working for me. The key fob I bought is "guaranteed" to be operating properly.

Any advice? I prefer to do all the service to this car myself, if all else fails I will go to the dealer.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Did you try to resync fob after programming?

Do you have a spare fob that works?

Do your door handle leds out after about a minute after closing doors?

Was system ever working?

Where did you get the fob?

Feel free to call me tomorrow for more.

OP
OP
G

GmanSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I ever got the program sequence started. The red anti theft light on the top of the dash is supposed to blink indicating that you can program a key.

I do have a working key fob.

The new key fob has never worked but the system works fine with my other programmed fob.

I got the fob from a legit vendor off of ebay. The part numbers and brand are identical to my OEM key fob.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Next time you try to program, you might want to bring the ground in from the dedicated post under the hood on the sidesill just behind the driver side front wheel. While you can use a ground under the dash, my suggestion eliminates a faulty ground selection as a cause for failure. Unfortunately, several have had grounding issues attempting to program.