GentlemanI am looking at new rear tires for my 94 RT-10

ront/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put ps2's on my 94'. It's like a different car. Bought mine from parts rack. They were cheaper than tire rack.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.What Dean Said! And what RON said too..........
FIRST: Dont buy "best buy" tires. Buy the BEST tires that match the car. And you mention "Track And Street" uses....U got my attention.

I always worry when relative newbee wants just 2 tires. Whats at the other end? THEY GOTTA MATCH! And old, treaded matching fronts WONT have the cornering grip of the new rears. You end up "overdriving" or "pushing" the hockey-puck fronts. TRACK USE you hinted?

ASSuming you already have PS2 on the front, and just bad-boy-roasted the rears as many of us do, go ahead and buy 2 rears. But your rear tires may be writing checks your front tires cannot cash on track...

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"But your rear tires may be writing checks your front tires cannot cash on track..."

I like that.

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine from Big O Tires here in northern CA for $70 dollars over tire rack would have been. Don't forget to factor in tax shipping and mount and balance....recycle fee...pain and suffering when the wrong tires show up....

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine from Big O Tires here in northern CA for $70 dollars over tire rack would have been. Don't forget to factor in tax shipping and mount and balance....recycle fee...pain and suffering when the wrong tires show up....

THATS WHY you should buy them from JonB. He knows Viper tires and you will not get Paraguay'n bicycle tires in mail....
and unless you have 2 FRESH front ones, get all 4.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy from Jon B. Just look at the good advice you already got from him and you are not even his customer, yet! He also sells mufflers if you are interested... Sorry, JonB, I've been resisting for so long--it just had to eventually come out. Anyway, Jon is the man!!!

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the Kumho Exta XS's on my 94 from Tire Rack. Had them mounted balanced and delivered for $950.00 to my shop. Get all 4 tires, not just 2. PS 2's were $1600.00. I only drive about 2500 miles a year so I went the cheaper route. Great tires and great price. PS 2's would have dry rotted before I wore em out. Rather have 950 dry rot instead of 1600. I did read somewhere that the Kuhmos's were hard to find for a while.

48 Viper

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Kumho also if you fall into the following catagory. If you do not wear your tires out in five years, then whatever tire you have will become hard and you've lost the traction. I've put about 3500 miles a year on my 95' and both sets have dry rotted before they have wornout. The Kumho's are rated to wear out after about 20K and since that is close to six years of driving, then I'm ok with it, since they are also suppose to be a bit stickier. Also, I've not found any other tire that matches the factory specs of the Michelin PS other than the Kumhos.