Gerald, Bike races inside...................

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GXSR 1000 and Busa from my area drove the 1.5 hours to Atlanta and repeatedly owned the Supra and MartinD. The GXSR has 6XX miles on it and is stock except for a lengthened swing arm and the Busa has a slip on muffler. I will post the videos when they are up. I think the Supra was supposed to have 600 to 650 at the wheels. Martin was spraying.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounded like fun!!! Stock busa will hit 137 to low 140's on average in the 1/4 stock. The 1000's aren't far behind if any at all. It's a true test for a street car!!

I'm sure surprised MartinD was beaten even though he was spraying.. What's he putting down?

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, On the way down to Atlanta the GXSR would pull the Busa by two bike lengths. Both riders are light and are VERY regular drag racers on various bikes. Martin claims 755rwhp and 945 rwtq.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! If Martin is hitting those numbers he should have pulled BOTH bikes... 945 RWTQ? That should have been more than enough IMHO... Bottle pressure low? :confused:

something isn't right.... :confused: :confused:
I've posted plenty of bike videos of 'busa's, 954's (1000's), etc and pulled them. I've probably got between 750 to 800 RW...

G

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the bikes are faster up here ..... you know I won't argue with them any more :laugh: Also, I do know these guys with the bikes very well and they are straight shooters.....no b.s. or hidden power adder.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah.. no way a stock bike is going to pull on a 945 RWQT viper. Do the "math"

Sorry... :confused:

Either the bikes are secretly modded or there are "special" dyno's around. I wanna go to one of them!! :cool: :eek:

Gerald

**edit** well, actually I'll take that back.. I'm sure it would have been next to impossible for Martin to hook up with all that juice with his 9 second capable Venom..

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not going to augue with you....plenty of that on the Busa board. You can check with Martin about the dynos but the bikes are as represented. Martin has also said that from a 70 roll he is hooked up. I also know the guy that was riding with Martin....I can ask him if they were spinning but he didn't mention it and he was the one who set up the races because he wanted to show the bike guys that a good car could beat them. Math means nothing in a drag race, it's who gets to the other end the quickest. That has been proven to me, now it has been proven to a few others but as always with any race somebody will call b.s.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW, On the way down to Atlanta the GXSR would pull the Busa by two bike lengths. Both riders are light and are VERY regular drag racers on various bikes. Martin claims 755rwhp and 945 rwtq.
Wow this is a surprise to me that a juiced Viper putting out that much power can lose to a stock busa :confused: :confused: What does this Viper trap in the 1/4?? I cant wait to see the videos :smirk:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of the time it's getting all of that power to the ground that is the trick. I was just at the track recently, and two of the bikes there were running mid-8s in the high 160s. They were both running N2O, but these were street motorcycles as I saw them gassing up when I filled my tank to go home.

Most impressive. :cool:

-Dean.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the video......
I will say this much. This is the first time I have lost to a bike in a race.

I am not going to call BS on any of it. I was ready to race. I was spinning in third gear - all the way. Roy in the car will confirm. However, there were 20 guys there and all of them noticed that the Busa was Slammed and stretched with aftermarked exhaust. (I could not verify that)- and further more, as you will see from the video - the Busa that is modified gets walked by the GIXXER. Tell me how that happens?????

Anyway, it was fun, I dont mind losing. They GIXXER rider said he was starting in first gear at 70......

http://www.v6sho.com/videos/bikesvsviper.zip

I know that the Supra guys are looking for a rematch with the bikes next weekend. So, for you guys coming to the Zone Event, if you want to see what my car can do to verify that it is fast, I will be there and ready. Maybe you can go run the bikes with me again!

Regards,

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, bud, I"m not arguing with you.. :laugh:
Just simply stating loosing to bikes with that much TQ in the Viper seems strange.
Gerald
*edit*
watched the video.. COOL!!! :laugh:

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Martin.....there is no shame what so ever in getting beat by a super bike. I think you know that, but I wanted to say it anyway. Are you coming to the zone stuff and will the stroker be in next weekend ? The Gxsr vs Busa debate....well it depends on who you ask. I don't know how lowering will help the Busa from a 70 roll but the reason that bike is lowered is that the owner is 5'6" tall. He was at work and was not the rider. It is not stretched but does have a 4 into 1 pipe. I also just talked to someone that was two cars back and he said Martin was spinning......as in laying black marks and that the Viper and bikes looked like they were shot out of a cannon :) I cannot get the video to play, I have downloaded divx and messed with it for an hour...screw it.

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, bud, I"m not arguing with you.. :laugh:
Just simply stating loosing to bikes with that much TQ in the Viper seems strange.
Gerald
*edit*
watched the video.. COOL!!! :laugh:

I'm with Gerald on this one also :confused:

PC's car, before his recent extra hp, took an '03 GSXR1000 by 4 lengths by the time they hit the bikes max speed at redline. They started from a roll at around 100 mph and the bike was piloted by a very experienced rider.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reason why the bike sis lowered : tie downs on the suspension. Suspension actually works AGANST the bike in case of a straight line dash. That's why some people use tie downs and this way eliminate all adverse effects of suspension travel.

I've said it again and again : with comparable mods (stock vs stock and modded vs modded) no car will ever win from a bike. Ever.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aww cmon Yves, you changed your stance.. I thought a car could never beat a bike.. Now it's mods for mods? :confused:

:laugh:

Gerald

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gixxer 1k is actually quicker up to 150 than the Busa. Then aerodynamics come into play, and the Busa will then just pull up to ~190ish (if the limiters have been removed).

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gixxer 1k is actually quicker up to 150 than the Busa. Then aerodynamics come into play, and the Busa will then just pull up to ~190ish (if the limiters have been removed).
:cool: I would hate to lose at 190 ish --- lol

Cheers,
Chuck

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aww cmon Yves, you changed your stance.. I thought a car could never beat a bike.. Now it's mods for mods? :confused:

:laugh:

Gerald

Gerald,

Guess what ! I recently beat a bike in my Viper ! I was so proud. My wife taped everything.
It was an '88 Honda CB500

Kill ! Kill ! Kill ! :D

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote
Gerald,

Guess what ! I recently beat a bike in my Viper ! I was so proud. My wife taped everything.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't count !!!! Your car was modified with the interior package :laugh:

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Gerald,

[/QUOTE]Not fair....the rider was aerodynamically challenged: He was NOT wearing his hi speed slippers :laugh:

Chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redphazer