Given assignment/budget/time, what would AMG do with the SRT-10 coupe?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say they would not put a blower on it, but instead would balance/blueprint, tweak the oiling system and port the heads and upgrade the valvetrain to support a 6,500 rpm redline, and would install a modern computer with individual EGT sensors etc. to allow for an 11:1 compression ratio with a goal of 575 crank horsepower. Of course this would be accompanied by traction and stability control, a slighter different nose piece, maybe a lip spoiler, an "upgraded" interior with the great peppery smell that German cars have, and of course a $125k price tag. Any other guesses?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Viper D on this one, it's the easiest, quickest and most cost efficent way. 700+hp car for around 90k :2tu:

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has there ever been a car produced by a major manufacturer with a centrifigal supercharger in stock form?

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing which direction AMG is headed, I would agree with most of PhoenixGTS's mods, but they would probably do a twin turbo. Kompressors are on the way out. New Euro restrictions regarding space between the top of the engine and the hood are making the Kompressors fade away. For now, they are putting out a 6.3 N/A motor in the upcoming ML and S that will be out next year, and then will make TT versions. (Drool)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you people out of your minds? AMG wouldn't touch the Viper even if you put a gun to their heads. Superchargers and TT's are nice add ons, but I'd prefer Vipers come stock and powerful naturally.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that with a few teaks (cam/heads/intake) that SRT got 625 HP from the current Viper engine:

You must be registered for see images

No forced induction, 625 HP. VERY doable!

Reaction score
What would AMG due to a Viper?

In 1998 I saw the three AMG LMP class cars start the 24 hours of Le Mans. They were all out(oil pump failure) in the first few hours of the race and Vipers Finished First and Second in GT2. In 1999 the last year Mercedes AMG attempted LeMans they pulled out of the race because the flew better than they drive. AMG has some nice looking and performance products but they have nothing over the crew at SRT in my opinion.