God doesnt want me to have a viper. Im serious.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im located in rockland county NY which is right outside of the city. Wish i was in orlando so we could go for a spin.

Whats wrong with 550 rear wheel hp? Thats fast in my book. lol

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people on this board have waited for their ride. You are waiting "in public" on the forum. Others have done so....AgentF1. You will take flack for doing so, but wait for the right car. It is worth it in the end.

And thanks for having manners on the board. All too often we are seeing new people who ask a question, then disappear.....like the members here are the "Shell answer people" and we have nothing better to do than answer the same questions over and over again. Good luck.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kevin,

I have also been at a standstill. I even passed up a pretty cherry deal on ebay for a 1998 9k mile gts mint condition for 40k shipped to my front door. It sold for 41k. Something just didn't feel right. I have since really chilled out on my search because I started to feel like the time invested was not giving me returns (time is money ideology). I am taking a few weeks off from my search to recollect my negociating "vigor" to then start looking again when it feels right. Gas is not going down anytime soon, the economy is not going to get any better anytime soon and people will start to want to sell their cars faster IF they need the cash (some definitely will). U will get your viper.

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks patentlaw, i was raised right and im not out here to waste anyones time.

Hey terminator, i feel the same way, im so sick of spending all of my time and effort and making minimal progress. Im about ready to chill out for a few weeks as well and see what happens. I dont think spending 30 something thousand dollars is the best decision right now considering the state of the economy and gas prices.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look guys, I know you hear this all the time, but when the time is right it will happen. I wanted a Viper since I was 12 and saw the concept. I lusted after them, followed them down the road, drooled, etc. Then all of a sudden the stars aligned and I got the car I was meant to have.

It's kind of like love (not getting sappy), but when it's time, everything will work out and you'll be driving a great car. Besides, with all the power they have, you don't want to strap yourself to just any old POS.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Transamer 79. The message from above was clear when you started your first thread and it still is. It's not your time yet. But the other message is save more money - you'll be able to get a better Viper. One other thing. You might want to change your handle from Transamer79 to something more Viperish. You may be jinxing yourself. The snake bites in many mysteruous ways. LOL.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 02 yellow RT 4 sale Autotrader 18,900 miles, both tops, daves big brakes, 3m clear bra. Driving my new 08 SSG coupe now!
Let me know.

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill make sure im there. Hopefully with my very own viper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha i just got out of work and looked at it quick, thought it was today. lol

OP
OP
T

transamer79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate you pointing that rt10 out. Im not a huge fan of that emerald green though. Im also going to hold out for a gen 2 because i really like the styling and i NEED roll up window.