GONE-Pro Hero 2 Camera!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*^)*&^P(*^(&%(T)*&%^(*&^B)(&*H_(G^(*&T)*&^)*&^&G)*%^(&789*^)*{()&(*^^%$%^$#^%$W#^%$I&^$&%$WI&T)(*P(*^O^%CP(*^!!!!!!!!!!

My new camera and suction cup mount just fell off the damn car! I was played with it yesterday with the open housing and was trying the closed housing out today. I checked in the mirror to make sure it was still there and it was. Got about 1.5 miles down the road and pulled over to change where I had it mounted and it was GONE! I immediately drove back and covered that area 4 times! We are talking less than 5 minutes after I had seen it on the car. NOTHING!
I would have rather found it run over than not find it at all. Somebody had to have picked it up immediately after it fell off the car. I put an add on craigslist, so hopefully it was an honest person that happens to check the lost and found section.

Son-of-a-*****! I had it in the same spot as yesterday and even pulled on it to make sure it had a fit! No to mention, it made it through the "hard" driving part and was still there. It just decided to let go after that! What a waste of money! Not to mention, I was planning on filming Road Atlanta this weekend.

I just emailed Go-Pro as well to see if they will do anything, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man that ***** big time, sorry it happened to you. I have lost a couple pair of high dollar (well high dollar to me at 150.00) sunglasses by leaving them for a few minutes in a restaurant. I came back rafter a few minutes and they were gone, not turned into the staff, just taken, really ****** me off, why can't people just do the right thing anymore :dunno: Hope you get it back man.

Mamba #90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some credit cards will offer a refund or a replacement if you loose or break it. They have certain restrictions, but worth a try if you bought it on credit.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****, here in Korea my gf left her phone on the ATM. We called it from my phone and the lost/found answered. Man, they are nice here in Korea... America? GL with that!

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some credit cards will offer a refund or a replacement if you loose or break it. They have certain restrictions, but worth a try if you bought it on credit.

That's a good idea! I'll have to look back and see about it. I'm pretty sure I paid through PayPal, but that is billed to my AMEX. We'll see.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AMEX would have covered it, but I bought it in Oct and they only go back 90 days on their replacement coverage. That will teach me to buy something and leave it sitting around that long!

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Called the company after I got mine - they said the suction cup was good up to 200MPH .....

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it is normally. It stayed on in the same (and additional) locations yesterday, and they obviously stay on quite well, or they would be laying all over race tracks.
For some reason, it just decided to let go today. I just wish I could have found it! Somebody was quick to pick it up.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use contour. I am always afraid of it flying off. Mine came with a small saftey string which i do use on my bike.

F

FrgMstr

I use contour. I am always afraid of it flying off. Mine came with a small saftey string which i do use on my bike.

Do I really want the camera flying around bashing the car while it is tied on with a string? Mmm, no.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weird. If you have a clean suction cup and a clean body panel and make sure to fasten it down well, that thing shouldn't go anywhere. I've pulled on mine to test it and it'd sooner dent the body panel than come off!

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I have to say GoPro came with some great customer service!
I talked to them and went though the whole thing, and after providing them with purchase info, pics, etc, they gave me a great deal on buying another one. I had to pay for 2-day shipping, but I will have it for this weekend!

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I have to say GoPro came with some great customer service!
I talked to them and went though the whole thing, and after providing them with purchase info, pics, etc, they gave me a great deal on buying another one. I had to pay for 2-day shipping, but I will have it for this weekend!

That's awesome. Glad to hear they cut you a deal on buying a new one.

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im not saying stick it in the middle of your hood with rope around your rear bumper. Of course you have to install it where if it did fall off nothing would be damaged.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't expect these things to be foolproof, youv'e got to double check the mounts. We always use redundant safety points for all camera rigs at work.