Good deal on Mintex Brake Pads

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received the pads today. They look like the Mintex Comp Coupe track pads I bought from Archer Racing years ago.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is their application/composition? Street? Street/HPDE ? Advanced HPDE? Full Race? Does Mintex only make one composition for Vipers? Those are the questions that lead me to buying from one of our known vendors. I'm not looking to switch from what I use now; but, Ii'm always interested in learning about the options.

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My older Mintex pads I would characterize as full race pads. They bite very very hard, are not much affected by heat, squeal like a banshee, and tend to grab at low speed.

They're on my car now, in anticipation of an upcoming track day. When I switch them out, I will compare part numbers and see if the old ones are the same or different from the new ones I just bought. The compound of the new pads looks similar (metallic and rough.)

For $35 a pair, I figured I'd take a chance on them.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This has been discussed elsewhere on the site. I believe it is not, repeat not, a suitable trackpad. If I am correct , if you get even two days on track I'd be surprised. And you could bugger your rotors in the process I have a set in my hand, new in the box, same part #s as the website above. This pad had an anecdote of turning itself to gooey dust in one hard track day.

Kai, dont even bother friend.........