Good news for QualityWires.com Owners!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After installing the fantasic new spark plug wires (from QualityWires.com) on my Gen. III engine, I found out that the OEM wire looms were not large enough in diameter to handle the new wires.
I drilled out a few, worked my fingers to the bone trying to close them with 5 wires inside, and broke a couple of the looms during my adventure.

With my local Dodge dealer continuing their quest to be original, they are once again the only one in the country that doesn't carry that part in stock.
So I ordered 5, thinking I'd have to drill them out as well....and break a couple more. :)

To my surprise, the wire looms that showed up were a new design and no drilling is required! QualityWires.com wires fit without any modification!

So, now you don't have to relegate yourself to finding multiple V8 looms and calculating for the lowest common demominator.....they only have 1 pack of the color you want....they can order....
Forget that!!!!

Dodge Part number: 05245237AB

To help distinguish between the two Dodge looms, the new looms will have a circular area on the top and the part number on the actual part.
The catch at the top was re-designed as well. It's much more secure and prevents 'side slippage'.

The downside: They're almost $8 each, and the Gen. III engines take 13 of them.

Props go to VCA members Tom Sessions for helping me find the part number & AB for answering the phone on a Sunday. :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news Kevan. Picture?

I still need to re-do the wire looms on the left side of my engine. Think this fancy new part will work on a gen 1?

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get a comparison picture up today/tonight.

I see no reason why they wouldn't work on all the engine generations.
They mount via the same 1/4-20 double-stud used to mount the valve covers.

The quantity may differ. I know Gen. 3's use (13).
Not sure about the others.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think mine only had 3 or 4 on each side, but I'd have to double check.

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As promised, pictures.....

The one on the left is the original loom that I drilled out to accommodate the larger diameter wires from QualityWires.com.
The one on the right is the new part from Dodge that requires NO modification.

In the top view picture, note the 'circle' on the top of the part, and the side tabs that prevent left/right slippage.

Attachments

• DSC03425.jpg
    DSC03425.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC03426.jpg
    DSC03426.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 37

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm...those are actually the OEM looms for Gen I/Gen II cars. You can get them for cheap from Viper Specialty (13 needed for Gen III, 6 for Gen I/II), and it says right there on the website they fit the larger-than-stock wires like Quality Wires.

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm...those are actually the OEM looms for Gen I/Gen II cars. You can get them for cheap from Viper Specialty (13 needed for Gen III, 6 for Gen I/II), and it says right there on the website they fit the larger-than-stock wires like Quality Wires.
Yeah, awesome.
But no mention of it anywhere on the VCA forum.
And AB doesn't know about that source either.

Until now. :)

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, awesome.
But no mention of it anywhere on the VCA forum.
And AB doesn't know about that source either.

Until now. :)

Thats probably because everyone has just been getting them from me... and I dont charge 8.00 a pop. haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960