Good price for used Corsa??

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking at a used Corsa cat back with Random Tech Hi-Flows for my Gen II. Can anybody throw out an idea on what I should pay? It was on the car maybe a year or so and they are about 3 years old. The guy got rid of the car and had these laying around. Thanks!!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
many people use hi-flows w/ corsa, but they were designed (tuned for sound) using stock cats

1200 sounds like a fair deal

keep us posted

:2tu:

BSheppard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
many people use hi-flows w/ corsa, but they were designed (tuned for sound) using stock cats

1200 sounds like a fair deal

keep us posted

:2tu:

Do they sound bad with Hi-flow cats? I have a Corsa system on my car and was thinking about adding the cats.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jonb would have exact info but i know the RT cats changed at one point. the corsa i believe has stayed the same but again id ask jonB. also chuck tator might have some info for ya on them as i know he has installed a ton of them

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a few sets of the Corsa exhausts. In my snobby opinion the earlier sets were better. The early sets were TiG welded and beautiful, the later current sets are now all MiG welded. Like everything else the price has gone up. I paid $1400 for my last new set four years ago. The cats should be fine unless they were on a supercharged Viper. Many of the Roe installations were tuned rich and caused premature meltdown of the matrix. Random makes/made metal matrix and ceramic matrix cats. The Ceramic cats are cheaper and don't quite stand up to improper tuning as well as the metal matrix cats. Either way, if the car was basically stock and yours is as well you should be fine.

One other thing, the Corsa exhaust is available in the factory 2 1/2# tubing size as well as 3" tubing size. The cats should probably be sized the same, but really don't have to be as you can use reducing or expanding cones. I've got picks of just about every combo in my gallery, as I've changed exhaust sizing and combo's with mod changes. I'd offer $1,000 but that's just me.

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had a few sets of the Corsa exhausts. In my snobby opinion the earlier sets were better. The early sets were TiG welded and beautiful, the later current sets are now all MiG welded. Like everything else the price has gone up. I paid $1400 for my last new set four years ago. The cats should be fine unless they were on a supercharged Viper. Many of the Roe installations were tuned rich and caused premature meltdown of the matrix. Random makes/made metal matrix and ceramic matrix cats. The Ceramic cats are cheaper and don't quite stand up to improper tuning as well as the metal matrix cats. Either way, if the car was basically stock and yours is as well you should be fine.

One other thing, the Corsa exhaust is available in the factory 2 1/2# tubing size as well as 3" tubing size. The cats should probably be sized the same, but really don't have to be as you can use reducing or expanding cones. I've got picks of just about every combo in my gallery, as I've changed exhaust sizing and combo's with mod changes. I'd offer $1,000 but that's just me.
I am hoping the set is 3". I think thats what most are saying would be the best for HP #'s?? :dunno:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NEW CORSA has a lifetime warranty to buyer.
NEW cats have a 5-year warranty to buyer.
[NEW Corsa+Cats might be worth the 'peace-of-mind' at under $1900 VCA vs. $1200 used? ]

And yes, there have been some Minor changes Gen 3-4, and some MAJOR changes G2 over the years. Some of the advice above is "mixing" Gens. The Year Matters. Thank You

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NEW CORSA has a lifetime warranty to buyer.
NEW cats have a 5-year warranty to buyer.
[NEW Corsa+Cats might be worth the 'peace-of-mind' at under $1900 VCA vs. $1200 used? ]

And yes, there have been some Minor changes Gen 3-4, and some MAJOR changes G2 over the years. Some of the advice above is "mixing" Gens. The Year Matters. Thank You
Thanks Jon...I will definetly consider that if he doesn't take a lower offer. Not trying to beat the guy up but hey, it never hurts to make a low offer. And it is tight right now with Xmas and a college budget for my kids!!!! :( The offer just came out of nowhere on a trip I was on from a guy that approached me at the car wash. Thanks for the info Jon!!! We'll see!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Jon...I will definetly consider that if he doesn't take a lower offer. Not trying to beat the guy up but hey, it never hurts to make a low offer. And it is tight right now with Xmas and a college budget for my kids!!!! :( The offer just came out of nowhere on a trip I was on from a guy that approached me at the car wash. Thanks for the info Jon!!! We'll see!

P.S. RandomTech offers Cats+Catback, X-pipe, reversable mufflers, Tips like a Corsa, for under $1300 NEW ! It aint CORSA, but its NEW and almost local to you $50 s/h.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
R.T. = Random Technology, made in GA, from PartsRack Thanks
Same HP/Tq gains as Corsa..... lots of good feedback on sound.... and you can alter the sound the muffler is reversable!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the internal louvre 'teeth' can grab or pass some of the flow... Milder or Wilder. Not a BIG diff, but a diff.