Good Street tire?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tread depth on these is listed at 10/32... are you sure it wasn't some other BFG tire ?

I had them. They have about 5" of flat rubber between the tread in the middle. The ones they show are only 8" wide. The tread depth is also less than it appears in the picture. They don't last. I had a flat with about 2500 miles on them and the repair shop refused to fix and remount it as it was below allowable tread depth.
Also traction was not as good as I expected. Grabbed 3rd gear at 75mph and broke traction. Have PS2's now and can only break them loose in 2 gears on the same stretch. Ran PS2's on the track in Calgary last summer and they corner really nice.

PS2's all the way:2tu:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tread depth on these is listed at 10/32... are you sure it wasn't some other BFG tire ?

I had them. They have about 5" of flat rubber between the tread in the middle. The ones they show are only 8" wide. The tread depth is also less than it appears in the picture. They don't last. I had a flat with about 2500 miles on them and the repair shop refused to fix and remount it as it was below allowable tread depth.
Sounds like you are talking about BFG Drag Radials. Big difference in that tire and the KDWs.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. Going to give JonB & Cal Chrome a email to see on there prices for the PS2's & Nitto's. Local tire shop I normally use that beats everyones price was sky rocket high because there not sure they want to screw with the mounting. So kind of stuck.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. Going to give JonB & Cal Chrome a email to see on there prices for the PS2's & Nitto's. Local tire shop I normally use that beats everyones price was sky rocket high because there not sure they want to screw with the mounting. So kind of stuck.

Thank You!

We had NO POWER or PHONES for 5.5 hours today, due to utilities "repairing winter storm damage" but we will be avail Friday.

OP
OP
L

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like the Kuhmos & Invo's are priced about the same and depending on where you get them there, about $300 cheaper then the PS2'S. That's one way shipping to the chromer in savings.:boggled: What to do?

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
New guy here, but I figured I'd throw in my .02 and recommend the Nitto Invo as well. I have them on my Audi TT and can honestly say that they're by far the most well rounded tire for the money. Good wet traction, extremely quiet (if you know anything about quattros it's they're prone to echo road noise in the cabin), and outstanding dry traction....they aren't ps2's, but they won't set you back as much either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra