Goodbye Gen 3... Hello Roe S/C Gen 2!!

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I finally did it. I'm selling my Gen 3 SRT10 to pull the trigger on a '98 GTS... The biggest factor was probably that little supercharger sitting on top of the engine! :) Everything is getting finalized within the week so hopefully I'll have her in my driveway in 2 weeks or less. I seriously cannot wait!

One thing about the GTS I'm buying though is that it needs a tune. It's only putting down 550whp with water/**** on a 8lb pulley at the moment. Is there anybody that can tune a VEC2 on the west coast or can any tuning shop play with the VEC2?

Anyways, here are some pics!

You must be registered for see images

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or call the man who designed the Roe supercharger, Sean Roe himself! He can do a remote tune in conjunction with any shop's dyno.

Raven2k8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't see your pictures but I can't say enough good things about Todd at A&C. He definitely knows how to tune cars and got my supercharged gen 3 to 685rwhp.

OP
OP
G

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or call the man who designed the Roe supercharger, Sean Roe himself! He can do a remote tune in conjunction with any shop's dyno.

I've already shot him an email! I hear that's the best way to contact him as he's a busy guy. I'm just waiting on his reply!

Sounds like I need to call A&C as well

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! I love the Roe blower. Sean is a very busy guy and I would also trust Todd at AC performance to tune the beast.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ditch the vec and go AEM or SCT. get a competent tuner to tune on his dyno and real world driving conditions. nothing less.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from SCT on the Roe car. Lots of guys unable to get the tune right with SCT on a Roe car.

Stick with the VEC and find a tuner that knows how to use the VEC. A&C would be a great choice.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask whoever you decide to have tune your car on which engine managment system they feel will work better for your application.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from SCT on the Roe car. Lots of guys unable to get the tune right with SCT on a Roe car.

Stick with the VEC and find a tuner that knows how to use the VEC. A&C would be a great choice.

Kelly's Heros 1970: Oddball: "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves."

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly's Heros 1970: Oddball: "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves."
lol, just trying to save the guy some heartache. If he switches to the SCT and then he cant get a decent tune, i'd feel bad if i hadnt said anything. ;)

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come some can get it to run good with an SCT and some can't? Tuner or sassy car?
Good question. The things I changed on the base tune via SCT to run my #60 SIEMENS DEKA IV injectors weren't that many. A few fuel scalars and timing adjustments and I was off to the races..plus a two-bar MAP.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come some can get it to run good with an SCT and some can't? Tuner or sassy car?

I think there a more people who have it running good compared to those whos cars don't run good with the SCT. It takes time to figure out tunes and most Roe guys are accustomed to the VEC. Both systems will produce great HP, it just takes a little R & D since the SCT is somewhat newer compared to the VEC.

OP
OP
G

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry about the pics everyone. Here are some old pics. I'll take some pics myself when it arrives

As for tuning, I've got in contact with Sean and he's gonna help me out. I figure it's his supercharger and his engine management system so he would be the best go-to guy lol. John Reed is only just a hop and a skip away so that is my other option.

Last edited:

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay away from SCT on the Roe car. Lots of guys unable to get the tune right with SCT on a Roe car.Stick with the VEC and find a tuner that knows how to use the VEC. A&C would be a great choice.

I would go with the VEC - especially with Sean's S/C. VEC, SCT, Dastech, etc. are all capable and can do the important things like getting the A/F correct. It usually boils down to who knows the software. My 01 ACR already had a VEC II installed. If you live, say in Albuquerque, and there are no tuners within 400-500 miles, you're stuck. So I'm doing what g3t is doing. I got two pulls on a Dynojet yesterday. That along with a smart card that has my current tune will be sent to Sean. From that I can get a better tune. As I suspected, my current tune is a bit fat especially in the 'sweet spot'. If I had an SCT tune it would be the same for me - I'd still have to get a couple of dyno runs and send them off to somebody who has tuned and is familiar with the snake.

Is there something I'm overlooking? I have a NA car.