Got a 09 Treat/Surprise

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a phone call yesterday evening from a GREAT friend and when I answer he puts his phone up to the exhaust and all I hear is V10...... So within seconds I'm on my way over to his place and you guessed it, there sits a Venom Red 09. After cleaning myself up and getting both feet on the ground again, I'm telling him we need to go for a ride. This is where I figured out that he was a GREAT friend rather than a good friend as he tosses me the keys. He then says have fun and doesn't even want to ride with me. Instantly another friend says "I'll go", who wants a ride but also has a little pudding in his shorts over this AWESOME vehicle. Before we take off my buddy also tells me that the motor has the ACR tune from the factory....(YEAH)!!!!! Once I get strapped in and hit the Start Engine button the adrenaline starts oozing...... Totally different feel, just in the seat, from my Gen II. Driving is also quite different than what I'm used to. Gas pedal definitely has a minor lag compared to the Gen II and the clutch also felt quite a bit different. Clutch grabbed right at the top which took a few shifts to get used to. I babied it around the neighborhood a bit getting used to it and then it's time for the open road.

Trying to remember all the do's and don'ts, all I could think about was make sure she's pointing straight. O.K. it's time to feel the 600+ horses....... HOLY SH$T, BATMAN!!! Words can barely describe the power, fun, excitement and all that goes with feeling the torque and HP that is just waiting to be unleashed. Made first to second, stayed on it through the fishtailing and then got third and shut her down. Had to pick up my passenger's jaw off the floor and we both just sat there in amazement from what had just happened. Needless to say I got bolder and bolder and had quite the spirited ride for about another 20 mins or so and then went back to drop her off before some catastrophy occured.

All in all, who knows if I'll ever get that kind of free thrill again, and it's been about 24 hours since I got out of the cockpit and I'm still smiling, ranting and raving......... I've always wondered what it would feel like to be able to just get into a production vehicle with that kind of horsepower, brand new out of the box, and have your way with it. All's I can say is it felt GREAT!!!!!

P.S. Only one problem............I still love my GenII but all I've thought about for the last day is Gen IV.:2tu::2tu::headbang:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're toast, you need an 08. By the way there's no such thing as an ACR motor tune from the factory. TOTAL BS comment from your friend. ACR motor is exactly the same as regular Viper. Differences are suspension, brakes, wheels and aero.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ACR tune ..... HA, Ha, ha

OP
OP
V

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're toast, you need an 08. By the way there's no such thing as an ACR motor tune from the factory. TOTAL BS comment from your friend. ACR motor is exactly the same as regular Viper. Differences are suspension, brakes, wheels and aero.

ACR tune ..... HA, Ha, ha

You guys might be right, but I thought there was a 10 -15 HP difference between the two. I know the motors are the same but I thought they tweaked a few more horses out for the ACR. I could definitely be wrong as I'm not the Gen IV authority. Regardless, one helluva motor and one helluva car.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should be a 08, dont think 09's are out yet and isnt Venom Red only on 08?

And the ACR is rated same HP as non ACR

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR had a factory 10 hp advantage at one time, but that was just on the Gen II. It was because the ACR's came with smooth tubes. Perhaps that is why you think the ACR has more power.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smooth tubes and K&N filters on 99-02 ACRs took rated horsepower to 460 from 450. No doubt that is what you are recalling. But no way is the 08 ACR motor different from the regular carin ANY way.. No one would be happier than me if the reverse was true as this is in my garage. No way an 09 is out yet either, flat impossible.
IMG_01031.jpg

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am alittle suprised a viper owner would not know these differences?? You would think with all the talk on this site he would.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably less than 10% of Viper owners visit this site regularly. Unfortunate. A lot could be learned.

That sounds about right. There are probably close to 100 Norcal Viper members and maybe 10 of us post on or read this site. There are still many Ive talked to at our Monthly meetings that had no idea about this site.

I also ran into a couple guys at the track once. They both had just bought Vipers 04-05 Vipers. They had no idea there were Viper forums or a Viper club. Too bad as Chuck said, there is alot to be learned here.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds about right. There are probably close to 100 Norcal Viper members and maybe 10 of us post on or read this site. There are still many Ive talked to at our Monthly meetings that had no idea about this site.

I also ran into a couple guys at the track once. They both had just bought Vipers 04-05 Vipers. They had no idea there were Viper forums or a Viper club. Too bad as Chuck said, there is alot to be learned here.

Weird that it's always the troublemakers that find their way to the internet forums. :rolaugh:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

We're going to miss you and Diane next weekend at DC / then Willow Springs - wish you could make it.

Now, I do have an ACR tune on my GTS or maybe a bit more.....

Dan

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone went by the house late this afternoon in a red '06 or '08 coupe heading towards Davisburg.. (MI)

Hardly EVER see a Viper go by down my little used secondary road. :omg:

:drive:

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone went by the house late this afternoon in a red '06 or '08 coupe heading towards Davisburg.. (MI)

Hardly EVER see a Viper go by down my little used secondary road. :omg:

:drive:

VIPER STALKERS!! :lmao:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe some people don't want to get on this board and get hammered like a couple of you guys did to the original poster. The guy had a happy story and all a couple of you guys could do was cut his story down and show off your knowledge about "ACR's" and "no way its an '09". Do those comments make you feel good about yourself? Do you ever stop to think what you say may take the fun out of the whole thing for the original poster? Isn't there some internal "editing" going on in your brains before you blurt out comments that could hurt the way someone views this discussion board? I just don't get it. :dunno: (Oh, and now I am waiting for the onslaught of attacks on me about this post... don't bother). By the way, to the original poster... good for you and glad you had a great time with the new '08/09 Viper. You have a very nice (and trusting) friend. :D

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe some people don't want to get on this board and get hammered like a couple of you guys did to the original poster. The guy had a happy story and all a couple of you guys could do was cut his story down and show off your knowledge about "ACR's" and "no way its an '09". Do those comments make you feel good about yourself? Do you ever stop to think what you say may take the fun out of the whole thing for the original poster? Isn't there some internal "editing" going on in your brains before you blurt out comments that could hurt the way someone views this discussion board? I just don't get it. :dunno: (Oh, and now I am waiting for the onslaught of attacks on me about this post... don't bother). By the way, to the original poster... good for you and glad you had a great time with the new '08/09 Viper. You have a very nice (and trusting) friend. :D

George, just like the regular population of earth and dealing with people in real life, you are going to run into this sort of thing on forums.

On all the boards I frequent relating to anything (cars, motorcycles, audio, guns), etc there always has to be some big dogs and some nut swingers.

Best to just ignore them and move on, they aren't ever gonna change and you aren't ever gonna help that process.

FYI, I agree with you 100% :headbang:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, just like the regular population of earth and dealing with people in real life, you are going to run into this sort of thing on forums.

On all the boards I frequent relating to anything (cars, motorcycles, audio, guns), etc there always has to be some big dogs and some nut swingers.

Best to just ignore them and move on, they aren't ever gonna change and you aren't ever gonna help that process.

FYI, I agree with you 100% :headbang:

Thanks, and you are right on all accounts. I need to continue to mature and take things a little differently. I need to get to bed now... cleaned my shed today--very tired! :)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading ViperVon's story even if the '08 Viper owner's facts were a bit off.:cool:

MikeR,

I think that there are more than 10 of us NorCal Viper club members that post here, and even more who silently read and search the VCA website for all of the great information that can be found about Vipers here.:2tu:

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your friend's 07 have an ACR tune also? It probably does as the 07's are very rare from what i have heard.:D
PAvenom RT/10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC