Got a Roe Supercharger? Please read

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in as well. How many have the water/methane intercooler and do you think it makes a difference? Thanks. Garth
It has an intercooling effect.
Yes, it does make a difference if you tune for it. You can add more boost with less chance of detonation because of the water. You can also run a little leaner and add more timing since the **** adds octane. The cooler IAT will mean more air going in and thus more power.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I am aware how the W/M setup works, just never heard of a W/M intercooler. Thought I was missing out on something. Intercooling effect, not an intercooler though. Was curious to see something new added to the Roe.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to research the dimensional differences between our current autorotor (2.2 ltr I believe) vs the 3.4 ltr housing. Obviously would like to get the availability for greater boost vice spinning our little blower faster. Even if it required hood clearance modifications, that would be OK to know just for planning purposes. First question to answer is the basic "can it be installed." ???
Eric, we are on the same thought process :D

I have been doing some research on the KB bigbore units. The dimensions seem to be similar, and we have plenty of room fore and aft. The problems come from the width and especially the height. The hood would have to be modified for it to fit. And since we are raising the hood, there would be room for an intercooler as well.

I was thinking of starting a thread on it, but figured no one was interested, and the topic would just sink.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blower on the Roe setup already stays hot for an extremely long time after the car is off. Gets no air flow up there. Can't imagine how hot a bigger setup would be.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of intercoolers, there was a guy on here saying how he had a custom built IC for his roe. i think it was in the summer. did he ever post pics of it ? id love to see it.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm spraying w/m and it works great. When my car was on the dyno and making a pull, I put my hand on the intake tube and could literally feel it get cold to the touch when the w/m sprayed. Pretty cool.;)

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pondering how a laminova flow intercooler arrangement integrated inside the body of the ROE manifold would work. It seems to me that there is enough room end-to-end to have 4-5 smaller diameter laminar tubes plumbed. The rear of the manifold is perfect for all the connections. I have read that the new Chevy Cobalt is using laminova intercoolers in the manifold...
Laminar Flow Intercooler

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes tht is what I am referring to. sorry if the terminology was incorrect. Thanks for any input. Garth

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The blower on the Roe setup already stays hot for an extremely long time after the car is off. Gets no air flow up there. Can't imagine how hot a bigger setup would be.

No hotter from heat soak. Less heat in the air because it wouldn't have to spin as fast to make the same boost. You need to watch a w/m car on the dyno when the tubes and s/c frost over :D

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S'cuse me (raises eyebrow)
W/M intercooler?

I'm listening :)
I have a water **** setup but I haven't installed yet. Is that what you are referring to? If so that is not an intercooler.

Stepping up from a 5lb pulley it is a must.

I have one of Roe's first run W/M kits and it was a PITA to tune...the Roe card was worthless.

Maybe good for an extra 25hp with a mild tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So don't use the w/m kit? I don't think I have a local who can really tune the w/m kit. All I have is the Roe tune. Not looking for issues with my car.

bumblebee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
absolutely. sending invite :)

thanks..I joined and here are some pics of My 02 Roe GTS......

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

bumblebee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is it that my ROe seems like it makes no blower whine?...Is it because of my Belanger headers, Randon high flow cats and Belanger exhaust? SO....loud I cannot hear it??

I heard a few Roe vipers on you tube at wide open throttle coming towards the camera and it has A loud whine to it...Like any whipple style blower.

Just trying too get a little input....thanks

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At cruise speed you should be able to hear it slightly, it is a distinct sound. At WOT you will never hear it. The exhaust in the car is wayyy to loud. At the dyno standing next to my car I could not hear it. When I watch the video I shot it is screaming. Out on the open road the exhaust doesn't pollute the air in front of you so you can hear the screaming first.

bumblebee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I'll set up a camera on a country road and give her hell towards the camera....just curious on what my ride sounds like

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if you watch the end of my video you can distinctly hear the supercharger whining. My buddy was about 20 to 30 feet off the road and I let off the gas right before I passed him. He said it was extremely loud that far away.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running 5lb and you can hear it screaming. Even over the music listen to the end of the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ib_wLBUrO4&feature=player_embedded[/media]

bumblebee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks..I joined and here are some pics of My 02 Roe GTS......

You must be registered for see images attach

1tony1.this car look famalier:D

bumblebee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you clean the inside of the pipes ?? :omg:

NOPE...Kwang just kept her clean and healthy....
Yeah Tony....my airfuel ratio on the wide band reads @ 15..is this high. The car does not smell rich @ idle...but it pops like hell on the decelleration. I thought the air fuel should be 2 12????:dunno:

Thanks buddy:D