Got beat by 436ci Vette [VIDEO]

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one more video from our meets. The yellow Vette has 500RWHP and the car filming it (C5 HT) has 450RWHP pus he is runing with 4.10 gears he run 10.8 in 1/4. So you can see that the yellow Vette is beating me by a car. I run to the red line on 4th and backed off. I belive that the Vette on top end would pull on me even more.

http://mypipe.net/~rsmsupra/vidz/general/funruns.wmv

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
talk about a small world.. when i was a kid i used to walk to mama larusso's pizza all the time when pizza by the slice was still only a dollar.. that place is the epitome of "hole in the wall", the pizza was messy and kind of dirty looking, if the line was longer than 3 people someone was standing out side, but [******] it was good.. i cant believe the kid that works there still has that red jeep...

thanks for bringing back these good memories.. the best part is that i always tell my wife how much better NY pizza is than the crap out here and i always tell her about mamma larussos having the best pizza but being a shack, and now she got to see the shack....

and when did they put that gas station there? last i remember that was just a dirt lot..

- eddie -

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Vettes UMMMMM Taste like Chicken"

I think you just scared them. They run fast when they are scared. The ones in Oregon are slow and very tasty!!!

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eddie, yes the pizza is the best!

96RT, my car is stock with K&N, Corsa and VEC1 with 437RWHP and 480RWTQ.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam dont forget to tell them that the black Vette with 450rwhp beat you too lol

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir, you know that we never raced so what is your point? As you can see on the video I lifted on top of 4th and that is why he almost run in to me.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice gaggle of cars there, must be blast cruising with that many different makes of high performance wheels.

About the clip though, not sure if it is at my end here but the entire clip is all still shots with the odd quick frame advance, all the others seems to scroll to a different shot every 3-4 seconds. Audio seems to roll correctly. I never see any video at all, is it something at my end or what???

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice gaggle of cars there, must be blast cruising with that many different makes of high performance wheels.

About the clip though, not sure if it is at my end here but the entire clip is all still shots with the odd quick frame advance, all the others seems to scroll to a different shot every 3-4 seconds. Audio seems to roll correctly. I never see any video at all, is it something at my end or what???

Ryan! how's it goin'!!!?? Just d/l the video on your h/d and play it, it's full motion video...

G

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I downloaded that video yesterday. It was quite fun to watch. I wondered what mods the yellow and camera Vette had to hang with you, and pull away respectively.

From the looks of the video, the camera car was a close match with yours, and the yellow Vette was faster, but 500RWHP and 10.8 in the quarter is very fast by anyone's measurement, and it's cool that you ran reasonably close for a while.

What mods do you have on your car?

-Dean.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow C5 is 436ci with 500RWHP. He says that he missed 3rd. The Video Vette is heads and cam with 4.10 gears. He dynoed 450RWHP and run 10.8. We run to about 140mph and I backed off at red line in 4th. My car dynoed 437RWHP and 480RWTQ. I have Corsa, no cats, K&N and VEC1.
Both cars are faster than my Viper. The yellow is fastest when run to the higher speed. But with a change of gearing the Video Vette would not have a chance.