Got Busted Street Racing!!!!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it finally happened to me last sunday. I went out to Tobay LI for a little action, and got busted on the way there by an undercover trooper in an old Dodge Dakota of all cars :eek: Obviously we didnt know he was a cop, or I would have never kept on to Tobay, I would have made a uturn and went back home. He called in reinforcments and they were waiting for us (me 2 Vettes, a Supra, and an M3) They even had a chopper circling over us :eek: So they pull me over and all these cars on the side of the road and I start seeing white smoke coming from my hood right over the tires :eek: Great not only was I caught racing, but my car was smoking (blew the stupid power steering cap right off)as the cop came up to my window. I thought I was dead, so I was just honest with him. I was very scared because I had a passenger with a camera with all the evidence they need to convict my butt :eek: The cops finally let everyone go, except me and the other red Vette (who was not even racing at all) They made us wait for a long time and came back with a huge break. Gave me a ticket for 85 in a 55 :eek: :eek: Sure beats going to jail, and losing your car and license :D I have the videos from that day (even passing the undercover trooper), but I dont know if I want to post them. They are of great quality too, what a shame :p

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx Chuck, but I figured, they didnt get me when they had the chance so I'm free right :confused: It really sux cause I have these two awesome videos I cant show :( One had no cops in it, so I might post that one. Just me and a black Supra cruising ;)

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(blew the stupid power steering cap right off)

A little over a year ago a viper burn to the ground from the power steering cap coming off. This is a good warning.... everyone should check theirs to make sure it's tight. Oh ya and don't film yourself street racing.

DoctorRat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're free now, you caught a lucky break but they still know your snake ... jeeez I'm a lousy poet now! :p

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Point is Mike that this board is not overly thrilled to so openly post about that activity. Personally, it doesn't bother me, just letting you and any readers know.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the future for example, you may want to mention about the closed track on which you were black flagged but the reason for the flag wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the term "Relative Performance Evaluation"

Sorry to hear about it, but I would say you caught a pretty good break.

I had a stretch of road in front of my building that I gave people test rides on. About 3 days later there were two Motorcycle cops sitting out there. They didn't catch me, but they sure let me know they were on to me.

Another time, I earned about a two month Police ****** going from one point of work to the other. I usually went the same time every day so it wasn't hard for them.

Interesting thing we do in life, we spend so much time standing out, then an equal amount of time trying to fit in.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(blew the stupid power steering cap right off)

A little over a year ago a viper burn to the ground from the power steering cap coming off. This is a good warning.... everyone should check theirs to make sure it's tight. Oh ya and don't film yourself street racing.
That really sucked cause I lost the [******] cap :confused: I wonder why and how the hell it came off??? I did what every man would have done in my situation, I used duck tape lmao :p

Chuck you are right about the black flag ;) I wish it was the meatball flag for losing the power steering cap lol.

Danny c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you post the video let the viewers know that we were on the autobahn and the street names were just edited into the video for the effects. We all did luck out that day besides the red vett that realy wasnt doing anything wrong :(
-Danny

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it finally happened to me last sunday. I went out to Tobay LI for a little action, and got busted on the way there by an undercover trooper in an old Dodge Dakota of all cars :eek: Obviously we didnt know he was a cop, or I would have never kept on to Tobay, I would have made a uturn and went back home. He called in reinforcments and they were waiting for us (me 2 Vettes, a Supra, and an M3) They even had a chopper circling over us :eek: So they pull me over and all these cars on the side of the road and I start seeing white smoke coming from my hood right over the tires :eek: Great not only was I caught racing, but my car was smoking (blew the stupid power steering cap right off)as the cop came up to my window. I thought I was dead, so I was just honest with him. I was very scared because I had a passenger with a camera with all the evidence they need to convict my butt :eek: The cops finally let everyone go, except me and the other red Vette (who was not even racing at all) They made us wait for a long time and came back with a huge break. Gave me a ticket for 85 in a 55 :eek: :eek: Sure beats going to jail, and losing your car and license :D I have the videos from that day (even passing the undercover trooper), but I dont know if I want to post them. They are of great quality too, what a shame :p

I would have just ran.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man go ahead and post the video, the board police are not going to repo your car. Its over and I am sure you didn't do this just so you could post street racing video's but since you have it, lets see it.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the future for example, you may want to mention about the closed track on which you were black flagged but the reason for the flag wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

lol...

And agreed on posting the video with whoever just posted above me. You might catch some hell from the other guys here, but so what. It won't change the fact that you've posted some bad @ss videos in the past. :)

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have just ran.
I'm sure you've seen those "scariest police chases". IF he did run, there's always the possibility of wrecking the Viper, then possibility of losing your life, and other's lives, then jail time, then once you're out, no one will insure you, then you have to find a new job and start from scratch.

Don't you think just stopping and paying a fine and getting off easy, which Moundir did, is better? Think about what you're saying next time you post!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
the board police are not going to repo your car.

No, but there is a 1:1,000,000,000 chance that the video could come back to haunt you later. Like say if your insurance company gets hold of it...

I remember some insurance fiacso with someone writting down VIN# at a Viperdays (or something) if you were to post proof you were doing what you were doing then you don't have a prayer

How lucky are you?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have just ran.

[/QUOTE]

Really????With a chopper overhead and obvious police backup.....No matter how fast a car is it aint gonna get away from a chopper....It kills me how some people just assume its so easy to run from the police...And where is he gonna blend in in a Viper if he runs???Its not like its a dime a dozen Honda or Toyota or Vette :D

He did the right thing...Thats why he still has his car and his freedom not to mention his life.....

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really????With a chopper overhead and obvious police backup.....No matter how fast a car is it aint gonna get away from a chopper....
...but Nicholas Cage was able to out run a chopper in Gone in 60 Seconds in that 1967 GT500KR. I guess you can only out run a chopper if you have NOS :D

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Moundir.......

Nicolas Cage your NOT......you really don't know your a** from a hole in the ground. If you did what you claim, you certainly don't have any bragging rights with any responsible members here in this forum or members of the club.

If you really find the need to engage on the street, why a Supra or an M3.........where is the competition? Are you that incompetent?

You obviously are not a seasoned driver (from your post) but if you were, I would seriously suggest that you get a grip on this type of dangerous 'street racing'.........the outcome is usually a 99% disaster for everybody involved.

Yes....I Do have the balls to drive a 427 Cobra as well as a Viper on the street.......but please, take REAL racing to the track.....you just might learn something about how precious life actually is. Not to mention, you may save a life in the process, it may very well be your own....or, an innocent spectator.

The following info is for thought...think about this next time before droppin' the hammer on the street....... :confused: :confused: :eek:

death by accident

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have just ran.
I'm sure you've seen those "scariest police chases".

That's the show with that stupid Johnny Bushwacker guy, right?

Don't you think just stopping and paying a fine and getting off easy, which Moundir did, is better? Think about what you're saying next time you post!

Well obviously I'm not saying for every situation to run, only if there's a chance. Let's see, if I blew by a cop at 150 mph, do you really think I'm gonna slow down for him to catch up? F**K NO!!! You d***m right I'm gonna keep on going.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommy, we didnt even know he was a cop, he had a nice welcoming party waiting for us when we got to our location, so runing was not an option ;)

Melzer I dont know about my compedence, but I know a few supras that would hand you your @$$ on a silver plate with a side of Grey Pupon. Yes Street racing is dangerous I know thank you for the reminder. Even if I am not racing people I will always drop the hammer on almost every oppurtunity I get, sorry the car makes me do it :p

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was suppose to go, thank god I bailed out...How did this cop know about this,from the board postings???

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Melzer I dont know about my compedence, but I know a few supras that would hand you your @$$ on a silver plate with a side of Grey Pupon. Yes Street racing is dangerous I know thank you for the reminder. Even if I am not racing people I will always drop the hammer on almost every oppurtunity I get, sorry the car makes me do it"

I think your "compedence" is quite evident by the content of your posts. If the car makes you recklessly endanger yourself and innocent others, sell the car....

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Court TV is airing the trail of a guy who killed an innocent bystander while street racing. I believe he has been charged with 2nd degree ******. How many lives have been ruined by this one senseless, irresponsible and immature act?

You want to race - great go to the track! The bravado of your post accurately characterizes your level of intellect and ability to act with prudence.

I am not at all impressed with the Officer's "get out of jail almost free" response. A more severe lashing just might have instilled a sense of understanding and responsibility.

I fully expect that many of you will object vehemently to this response which of course will only further substantiate my point.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street racing has been around longer than you ACR Joe! It's probably been around longer than anyone on this board! Many more people die each year in boating accidents than in street racing, but we don't outlaw that, do we? It's really not as bad as the media makes it out to be! How many people die each year in street racing accidents in this country? 200? 300? I'm willing to bet that more people die from choking on potato chips! Let's outlaw those too!

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
once again, that person is taking the risk when boating, or eat potato chips. When you "Street race" you are taking that risk FOR them. what would happen if you hit a car and killed a whole family? or killed both parents? would YOU feel like it wasn't your fault because they took the risk when they went out driving that day?... your ideals are flawed. Street racing is illegal for a reseaon. no matter what you say, it will be wrong.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to let you board members know, where Moudir was racing or traveling at high speeds, it's a long strip with no intersections. If I am correct Moundir, are you talking about the long strip at Jones beach??I think it's called ocean parkway. If that is the place, it's like 7 miles parallel to the beach with no intersections.I did 168mph on that strip.Not racing , just took the car up to fifth gear.

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think your "compedence" is quite evident by the content of your posts. If the car makes you recklessly endanger yourself and innocent others, sell the car....

Moundir ...

Judging from the response by Shelby3 as quoted above....he is right on track and reflects my sentiments exactly. You should sell the car. Until you're mature enough to know what you are doing out there....you'll be a threat to everybody's safety on the road, including your own. :( :(

You need to earn the right to drive a performance car like the Viper....these cars are lethal weapons on steroids...it's obvious that you have yet to reach that level of maturity.

Do youself and others a favor......quit racing on the streets or get yourself a Toyota with a big fart pipe exaust until you learn to respect the car's power. :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960