Got new mats. THIS is the way to go

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got new floor mats from Chuck....from Mopar. Mats look great, not over-done with the logo. Very good looking and they come with a rug screw / snap to keep in place. And for $50, vs.
$250+ from some aftermarket guys? You can't beat Mopar. Ordered through Chuck Tator.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Chuck Tator = great service.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently so if it includes thong dances! (see other thread)

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right Andrew....I bought the same mats from my local dealer a while back, and finally put them in the car. There is a pic of them on the Woodhouse website, in the Viepr accesories area. I think many of the aftermarket mats are just a bit too much in the styling department.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna present the contrarian view-

I put the Mopar mats in mine when it was new, and after about 4000 miles, I wanted to tear them to shreds!

They bunch up under the pedals. This caused me a bit of grief in traffic, and I could not get it to stop. I'm in the market for some non-bunching mats. I heard the No Cal VCA has got something going on this.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NoCal VCA mats are the best thing I ever did for my ACR.

(Can I still call it bone stock?)
laugh.gif

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic Rough:
I'm in the market for some non-bunching mats. I heard the No Cal VCA has got something going on this.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Vic:
You should also check out the Snake Oyl and Precision versions. All are excellent THICK mats (a bit pricey I might add). I think you'll be pleased with any. See if they'll match the embroidery to your exact paint color. Nice touch.

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also can recommend the snake oyl mats. I ordered mine in plain black with no logo just to get something in there that's thick and won't bunch. Works great.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by USAF BAD ASP:
can you post some pics of them? Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

please.

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vic Rough:
I'm gonna present the contrarian view-

I put the Mopar mats in mine when it was new, and after about 4000 miles, I wanted to tear them to shreds!

They bunch up under the pedals. This caused me a bit of grief in traffic, and I could not get it to stop. I'm in the market for some non-bunching mats. I heard the No Cal VCA has got something going on this.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am thinking the mats that Dodge sold you are different than the ones they are selling now. Can anyone confirm this? The mats that came in my 2001 Intrepid were horrific...

Tell me more about these rug screw/snaps? I have other cars that have the mats sliding all around... Do these snaps look like something that could be purchased separately?

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walmart Heavey Duty semi-clear mat $19 has big grooves in them so if you spill your soda it stays right on the mat.

They stay put with no slippage and cover the whole floor area like they should. Make sure you take them out before racing though they are pretty heavey.

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A-men, I too installed a set of Wal-mart heavy duty black floor mats. I hated the mopar mats because they don't contain the dirt and keep rolling up under the pedals. The set cost me $20 and I couldn't be happier. They stay in place, keep dirt and water on the mat, easy to clean, and blend in with the rest of the interior.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, Guys, Guys......read the first post. These do not bunch up at all! I hated that with the stock matts I got with the car. These now have a rug screw and a snap that come with the mats. The matts stay in place and look great. As soon as I can get my butt down to the garage with my camera, I'll post the pics, but they might be on the Mopar web site.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew2KRT10:
Guys, Guys, Guys......read the first post. These do not bunch up at all! I hated that with the stock matts I got with the car. These now have a rug screw and a snap that come with the mats. The matts stay in place and look great. As soon as I can get my butt down to the garage with my camera, I'll post the pics, but they might be on the Mopar web site.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
These now have a rug screw and a snap that comes with the mats.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The ones I bought from Dodge came with the same rug screw and snaps. Mine definitely didn't work at all. For about a week it was great. Then the same ol problems. The snap & screw definitely doesn't work. I hope the mats material is different for yours. Post some pics when you have a chance.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my Snake Oyl tapestry mats yesterday, and I am very, very pleased. They look and feel great and fit so snugly you have to press them in around the edges--and with a very sticky rubber back, they will NOT move around. The only downside I can see is I might need a screwdriver to get them out.
smile.gif
No, they weren't $50, but I feel like I got my money's worth.

Ronnie

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In just over 22K miles I've been through the (1998) stock mats and sets from both Snake-Oyl and Nor Cal. ALL over them bunch up over time and DO creep up under the pedals.

Sounds like the new MOPAR mats which come with some additional fastening devices might just do the trick...

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those NoCal VCA mats have been great looking and wearing and probably even kick in a few bucks to that VCA chapter as a fundraiser. $100 bucks for a pair. Lots of info on their website including pix of the many choices they have. Go to the VCA Home Page and click VCA Regions Info and then Calif-northern.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King GTS:
What hatch release? I guess you have a release for the back on the GTS? Not a problem for me in my RT/10. Sorry..

I don't know.....if guys are going to get into the car like a bull, then I guess the carpet snap/screw won't hold very well, but it hasn't been a problem for me. Call me cheap? But I'm not spending 200+ on matts. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the factory mats, there is a different part number for newer GTS with the trunk release. (Rt mats are shown in the pic) They are cut out for that. I really like the new Mopar mats with the screwy-snap down thing. I tried the NorCal region mats when I had my '94. They looked great, but matted down after an hour of driving, and would not come back up. (Where your heels are) They looked worn out after that. The Mopar mats wear better. I do have the trunk area mat in my GTS from NorCal, and it is great.