GREAT DEAL on K&N Air Intake Systems

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those of you with a Gen I or Gen II, I found a great deal on the K&N 57-1508 Performance Air Intake Kit at Amazon.com

The other day they had it for $185 w/ free shipping... I didn't order it and the next day it had went back up to $260... :dunno: I checked backed today and they had it for $176.97 w/ free shipping...

Here's the link for anyone interested... Amazon.com: K&N 57-1508 Fuel Injection Performance Kit Gen2 Air Intake Kit: Automotive

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure it has been beaten to death...but...is there a noticable gain over just throwing in K&N filters in the stock set up?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you guys need to do a search. This has been discussed many times and it was concluded that they are probably the worst choice for aftermarket airboxes. You're better off with the stock one over this one.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they are up to $300 today. the gen1 kit is at $507. how can the price swing like that day to day? ebay = yes, amazon = ?.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who actually has this kit installed on their GenII? Last year when I called K&N for this kit, they told me it would only fit the Gen I's. In fact, if you search K&N's site you will find that this kit is only available for Viper Model years earlier than 1999. If you're going to buy this for a GenII, get confirmation from K&N it will actually fit. I believe the GenII designation is a typo on Amazon's part.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The price seems to change several times during the day... I have no idea why...

Both times that I found it below $200 was after 5:00 p.m. est

At that price I must admit that I did order one... mainly for the looks... and if I get another couple of HP thats great too!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The price seems to change several times during the day... I have no idea why...

Both times that I found it below $200 was after 5:00 p.m. est

At that price I must admit that I did order one... mainly for the looks... and if I get another couple of HP thats great too!

Yeah, let us know the results. I really have heard that all they do is pull hot air from the engine compartment. Net result is less power.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I originally had smooth tubes with K&N cone filters (no shield - its was not the K&N Kit, just the filters and tubes) and it was sucking in hot air... it made about a 15 hp loss between it and the stock airbox (but it looked a lot meaner)

I'm thinking with the heat shield and possibly some extra heat protectant on the shield that this kit comes with I will be able to get the look I want without losing any HP and possibly gaining some...

It's going to be a while before I can get on a dyno again, but I'll post the results as soon as I get some.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing a similiar type of K&N filters/airbox on one of the GTRs at Pocono this past summer. I wonder if they installed this for show. :rolleyes:

ATT1664808.jpg

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's similar, but if you Save the pic, lighten it up a bit, then blow it up with Window Picture and Fax viewer (whew) the race car doesn't appear to have the same long plumbing between the filters and the TBs.

It's a box with a couple K&Ns in it for sure.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did anyone else purchase besides me?

Just wondering because when I went to check on my order status, its now saying that Amazon.com only has 1 left in stock...

Mine is supposed to be here today, but its a Christmas present so I guess I'll get to look at it under the Christmas tree for a few weeks...

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what has been your results installing the intake? My car came with it. Looks nice, and I dont see how "hot air" gets to it because it seals to the hood?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte