Great.... locked keys in trunk.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thankfully not me, as I have a second set... however, my buddy down in Sandy Utah locked em in his 2000 RT/10, however, he has no second set. How can he get in there, without having to call a lock smith?

He tried his GTS key in there for ****s and giggles, no luck. Any advice?

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure it has been posted here before but if it hasn't I am not going to be the one to post it.

As was said above call a Viper Tech. It takes less than a minute to get into the trunk without the key.

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sandy, Utah, he's like 30 mins from me. This is interesting as I also have a RT/10 and wouldn't mind knowing.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure fatboy is sending out the right solution, it is a 1 minute job with a couple of basic tools, and no harm done to the car, i was pretty amazed when i saw how simple a task it is

i now this info has saved a few US RT guys from the locksmith

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so with everyone getting a PM why not post it here or under the VCA members section or Do-it-yourself.

Bruce

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, Ok, Ok, I'd like to know too but it's got to be getting old sending out the directions to all these individuals. Can't we just post them in the "illustrated upgrades" or 'members only" sections, that way seeing it islimited to car owned members?

If not, I'll take a PM too - sorry. :rolleyes:

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same reason I wont post on how to open the trunk of a GEN 3 car. Not a safe place to do it.To many prying eyes. Oh and I know how to open the trunk on a RT as well.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as Tom said you dont want everyone to know how to open your trunk, nothing would be safe in there, its not a new idea and has been around for years you could figure it out if you looked at your trunk for 5 minutes ;)

if you can open the gen3 coupe hatch Tom, and its a different idea than the RT please send me the details just incase

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Ok, Ok, I'd like to know too but it's got to be getting old sending out the directions to all these individuals. Can't we just post them in the "illustrated upgrades" or 'members only" sections, that way seeing it islimited to car owned members?

If not, I'll take a PM too - sorry. :rolleyes:

Same idea as if someone posted how to make a pipe bomb and you blew up a bus stop. If someone posts the instructions and someone else breaks into/steals your car, the poster may be liable because he/she explained how to do it. :nono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang