Great.... locked keys in trunk.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it happened to me I felt a right idiot!

We were in Pit lane, all ready to go out for a Viper parade around the circuit, I walked over to the car the trunk was open, I threw my jacket in the trunk and closed the lid :omg: The keys were in my jacket :( Lucky for me the Guys racing a GTSR were on hand and within 5 Min's all was well :2tu:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too would really appreciate to know this trick asI just bought an RT. Would someone be kind enough to PM me as well? Thanks!

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also would like to know the rt/10 secret.
I know this is bound to happen and probably at the worst time.
A pm would be most appreciated

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks steve, next time i'll try this. funny to see how lots of people think they are going to do the stupidest thing ever...just as I did this morning!

if someone with gen 1 hasn't received an pm, pm me and I will share the info.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You are welcome, Roy!! I hope you don't need to use it.

As I don't ever share Viper security related info on the open forum...nor do I ever use PM's (I like/need to know exactly with whom I'm communicating on these issues...thus I prefer to be contacted via a traceable e-mail, land line, UNBLOCKED cell phone, etc.).

Feel free to contact me on an "as needed" basis using e-mail or telephone. I am quite easily found, more-than-average available for such help, and am happy to try.

Erical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. I am in terror of locking my keys in there.

Thanks.

Eric
93 RT-10 (#145)
02 RT-10

StyVip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might as well jump on the band wagon and find out as Viper techs are hard to find in Rural Canada.

PM me directions for a 2002 RT

Cheers

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick to you guys that are "enthusiasts" on here, but I doubt you're going to get a PM on how to break into the trunk of a Viper without being verified as at least an "owner" by the mods on here.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TowDawg , I'm a Viper owner ,yet my profile shows that I'm only an enthusiast :lmao:. Tell the folks here they have to be a paying member to have the priviledge knowing how to break into our Vipers ?! :eater:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TowDawg , I'm a Viper owner ,yet my profile shows that I'm only an enthusiast :lmao:. Tell the folks here they have to be a paying member to have the priviledge knowing how to break into our Vipers ?! :eater:

You don't have to pay for anything (except a Viper) to have your status updated to "owner". Just send your VIN to a moderator on here.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to know as well. I've thought about hiding a key under the hood since you can open the hood without having a key. Just a thought though. :)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not trying to be a dick to you guys that are "enthusiasts" on here, but I doubt you're going to get a PM on how to break into the trunk of a Viper without being verified as at least an "owner" by the mods on here.

you are right re: the enthusiast thing (as it should be)

if you own an rt, just prop the trunk open and examine it, you will figure it out (that's how i did it, though i got an e-mail confirm)

props to whomever figured it out 1st (i think it was the wizard)
:drive:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might as well jump on the band wagon and find out as Viper techs are hard to find in Rural Canada.

PM me directions for a 2002 RT

Cheers

Well...Leduc is not exactly rural, as you're only a few minutes from Edmonton and there is (or was) a tech with some Viper training at Leduc Chrysler, though who knows if he knows about this so-called trick. :rolleyes:
And as mentioned above, you should get your status updated, just PM one of the site moderators with your VIN, once that's been verified, you'll show as "owner".
Look forward to seeing you out at an event this year!:2tu:

Cheers!

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How 'bout on GTS, is there such a thing? I locked my keys before ;) and ended up calling AAA and also went to locksmith to make new keys.

Much

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone send me the secret to getting in the Trunk of my 94 RT/10.
There is a small chance that the key is in the Trunk , if not iam in Trouble (i just have 1 Key for the Car )

[email protected]

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good time to take your full VIN, ID, proof of Viper ownership to your local Dodge dealer's parts desk where they can immediately cut a new key (or 2) for you for a few dollars.

Tori

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a trick for the GTS ? I was just on a 1300 mile road tour with my car and the fob stopped working. I had brought the second set of keys in case i had a mishap and lost the key.... but that fob didn't work either. For half a day i couldn't lock the dam car and was afraid if i did get it to work that i wouldn't be able to unlock it. Luckily new batteries fixed both fobs.

I guess i never realized how screwed i'd be without a working fob. What's the deal here ? Is there another way into the car ? I don't think i'd fit thru the hatch. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang