Great offer from Dodge, But??

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a letter from Dodge Auto insurance claiming I can save an average of $408.00 (on my GTS) over Allstate, Geico, State Farm and Progressive. Sounds good to me.
After a twenty minute training session with a two finger typist she asks me how many cars I have. I said eight, can I add my Motor home too?
Answer: I'm sorry sir, we can't insure you. We have a six car limit.
Me: Why don't you put that at the top of the letter?
Answer: I don't know?

O-well, I tried. So if you get the letter and have "too many" cars, don't bother calling.

:nono:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would there be a limit to the number of cars?

i dont understand their logic in that policy.
...especially it's not like you can drive all 8 cars at the same time, let alone 2 cars. Insurance is a dirty business. :rolleyes:

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This seemed weird to me too. Seems like the more cars the better for the insurance company. I could understand it if it were six drivers for one car. With six or more cars they make additional money by only having one policy that has six premiums. Also the yearly mileage would be much lower on each car.

But then I started to think about it. Is the insurance company taking an additional risk against a massive loss like a fire or theft? Fraud could also be a real problem with a "six cars totaled at once" claim.

There has to be an insurance guy on the forum. What's the deal?

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked them out just for kicks, and their prices are insane! I was quoted $3600 for a 6 month policy for 4 cars including the Viper. That $7200.00 per year!!!!

I have my car insured for a guranteed value for $1100.00, and I pay another $2500.00 for the whole year through State Farm for 3 other vehicles..and that is with a 16 year old driver!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EZ-Pass in NY has the same problem with "too many" cars (I think it's as silly as they only have room on the form for 4 cars.) But at least they have an answer - you start a second account; they don't deny you from getting one. Obviously the person on the phone was a call center employee and not an insurance sales rep.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They may be doing that becuase they see having that many vehicles as a probably for business use vs personal, or some such f*ed up insurance co logic.

Cal