Greetings from Norway

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all. I've been out of the loop for a couple weeks as I'm up here in Norway working. Found some time to surf and thought I would check in. Norway is quite beautiful. The cars **** but the women are incredible. Unfortunately, at an average temperature below 40 degrees there isn't much flesh to see, but my imagination takes over with no problems.

Anyway, I tracked the snake at Summitt Point for FATT again and have graduated from Novice to Group 2I which is Intermediate with instructor. I'll get up some pics and maybe even a video when I get the chance. I got a great pic of my surrounded by Vettes. Too funny. Oh, and I got to see a Ford GT in action too. Not too shaby! Pics coming soon.

Matt

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The many Norwegians I met while living in the Philippines were very nice. A lot of them relocate there.

The travel shows, like with Ian Wright from Lonely Planet, show Norway having some majestic scenery.

I think the cost of living is high, including gasoline. Many of them complained there were offshore oil rigs in Norwegian waters, but the cost of gas was still through the roof.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not much of a cold weather person, so I don't know if I would like living here. Having said that though I must say that Norwegians are the most polite and kind people I have met. Granted I'm not a huge international traveler. I'm in a fairly small town and everyone speaks english better than I do! They are kind and curtious, even driving. Then there is the whole blond hair and a blue eyes everywhere you look. So, if some how we could move Norway to San Diego you would have Heavan on Earth.

I have heard the police are very strict on speeding and other vehicle violations, so that's defintely a negative. But otherwise not a bad place at all.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to live there, having Norse blood in my veins it should only make sense.

"I think the cost of living is high, including gasoline. Many of them complained there were offshore oil rigs in Norwegian waters, but the cost of gas was still through the roof. "

Try living in Alberta, it's coming out of the ground like in the opening sequence of The Beverly Hillbillies here and we've got the most expensive natural gas in the country, figure that out.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed you on the Fall Cruise Matt. Sounds like a great place to travel though!

'Grats on the track promotion.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't their speeding tickets = 10% of your income or is that some other Scandinavian country? Blue-eyed blondes but idiotic driving laws! I'm staying put. As to touring it, hell yeah!