Ground Zero Tribute Cruise

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have edited this post to include the full details from Bobby Cerchione.

10th Anniversary 9-11 Run to Ground Zero Dedicated to PAPD Officer Lt. Robert Cirri
"NEVER FORGET" These words meant something 10 years ago to all of us, but as time goes by we tend to forget!

VCA! I'm here to remind you that we CAN "NEVER FORGET" that tragic day we were attacked on American soil!

On September 10, 2011 I will be running the 10th Anniversary "Never Forget Respect Cruise" in honor of Port Authority Police Officer Lt. Robert Cirri Sr.

He lost his life that day running back into the building to save a woman in a wheel chair! His dream was to own a Viper one day, he and his wife Eillen had a "Viper Fund" piggy bank set up so one day they could own his dream car!

Unfortunately his dream never came true for him due to his HEROIC actions! His wife did buy a Viper in his name and is a VCA Member now. The plate on the car is "PAPD LT" Never Forget"

About The Run: First and foremost the Run is NOT about US! It is a way to pay OUR respect and thanks to those who lost their lives that day.

Cost: Minimum of a $25.00 Donation per car, all proceeds (after expenses ex decals) will go to a PAPD suggested charity

Date: September 10, 2011
Time: 8 AM
Start From: 20 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus, NJ 07094
Next Stop: 34th Street next to Jacob Javits Center 8:45 am
9AM: Drivers Meeting
9:15 Depart to Ground Zero
9:30 AM Park at Enclosed SELF park lot off West Street (2 blocks from Ground Zero)
9:30: Spend 1.5 hours walking around Ground Zero
11:00: Meet back at the Garage and depart for lunch in Hoboken, NJ via Holland Tunnel
12pm Arrive in Hoboken for Lunch at Dino and Harry's (pay as you go)

List of Hotels in Secaucus with covered parking, starting with the closest to the starting point
frown.png
no special rates, book early)

1) Meadowlands Plaza Hotel: 40 Wood lane, Secaucus, NJ 07094 PH# 201-272-1000

2) Crowne Plaza: 2 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ 07094, PH# 201-348-6900

3) Embassy Suites: 455 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07094 PH# 201-864-7300

4) Hilton Garden Inn: 875 Route 3 East Service Road, Secaucus, NJ 07094 PH# 201-864-9845

Please RSVP To: [email protected] as I need to know how many decals to order and let the restaurant know a head count

I'm still working out some details, so stayed tuned and make your reservations today!
If you're coming to this event then you should also attend the NY/CT VCA First Responders Dinner(see Andrews C's post in NY/CT and in this area)

God Bless America!

Bobby Cerchione

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested in making this trip, please remember to RSVP to the link from Bobby's post below. If you want to caravan up from the Harrisburg area, we plan on leaving Harrisburg at 05:00, and we hook up with folks along the way.

Please RSVP To: [email protected] as I need to know how many decals to order and let the restaurant know a head count

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please let us know if you are interested in making this trip, the New Jersey club will need to know approx how many cars are coming and how many folks are planning on joining us for lunch afterwards. Please join us as we pay tribute to the folks that lost their lives that day. All of our lives were changed that day, and I for one want it known that we will never forget. :usa:

I addition, any folks coming from the Harrisburg area, my plans have changed, I am arriving in NJ Friday evening, so if you need additional instructions to get to the site or would like to drive up with us on Friday, please let us know. As far as I know, there was only one other person planning on leaving from Harrisburg on Saturday, most were leaving from other areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950