GTS Common Problems???

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz is right -- the wiring into the door often fails because of a really stupidly crude method of handling the hinging effect. Easy to fix, but a pain when it happens.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM'd back. I'll try to stop by sometime and check out what you have.
You cannot go wrong buying a car from Bill. He is one of the few people I would be comfortable buying a car sight unseen from. :2tu: He also has an impeccable reputation.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good thread. Let me add a few.

1) Power steering pump cap comes loose.
2) Fuel filler tube could disintegrate and leak
3) Rubber seal at the top of the door stanchion falls apart
4) Neutral gear rattle
5) Seat lumbar bag won't stay inflated.

If you start modding you will find another list of weak components.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a good thread. Let me add a few.

1) Power steering pump cap comes loose.
2) Fuel filler tube could disintegrate and leak
3) Rubber seal at the top of the door stanchion falls apart
4) Neutral gear rattle
5) Seat lumbar bag won't stay inflated.

If you start modding you will find another list of weak components.

I wouldn't say neutral gear rattle is a problem as it is normal for that tranny. You are referring to the marbles in a can noise correct?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say neutral gear rattle is a problem as it is normal for that tranny. You are referring to the marbles in a can noise correct?

Yup, that's the one. For the uninitiated it could be perceived as a problem.

OP
OP
B

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to prelude this with a great thanks to Bill at Woodhouse. He made my car-buying experience a great one. He spent about 6 hours with me on this today. He never once looked at my age (25) and said "this kid can't afford a viper." I've gotten that at a few dealerships on different cars throughout the years. He really cares about his customers, and I would suggest anyone that is looking for a Viper to look him up.

I got it today and put about 40 miles on it, it had about 4040 on it already.

'05 SRT-10 Mamba Edition with a little whistle while it works. I'm trying to get my hands on the dyno sheet, but it pulls pretty freaking hard. I test drove this and a '02 yellow GTS today, and couldn't pass this SRT up.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'll have engine pics up later.

OP
OP
B

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was looking for a GTS, but got a deal on this. And after I drove the s/c SRT-10, I couldn't pass it up.

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!

You made a great choice.

Given the choice of driving a GTS(I have two) or my stock SRT 10, I take the SRT10. The GTSs are for show and track events. The improved handling and brakes combined with the ease of going ******* makes the SRT-10 a pleasure to drive.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was looking for a GTS, but got a deal on this. And after I drove the s/c SRT-10, I couldn't pass it up.
Don't blame you. The SRT is a much better driving beast, and the SC doesnt hurt either! :drive:

The GTS will still always be my baby though... even after I eventually add a +Gen3 to my garage. The outrageous looks and legendary feats on the racetrack gives it heart that's missing in Gen3's... for now.

1Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well back to the original topic Badazzv8, these guys are posting minor defects compared to what the C6 Base and Z06 Corvette issues are having (tops flying off, trannies going out, engine valvetrain failure). Do a search on C6's and at least 30,000 recalls in the last year.:omg:

I drive my GTS hard everytime I take it out and for 3000 miles (I know it's not much in almost a one years time, but I haven't had any issues except a big sh*t eaten grin on may face everytime:D Oh... and constant refueling at the gas station;)

Take your time with your search for one and you won't be dissappointed.

OP
OP
B

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't blame you. The SRT is a much better driving beast, and the SC doesnt hurt either! :drive:

The GTS will still always be my baby though... even after I eventually add a +Gen3 to my garage. The outrageous looks and legendary feats on the racetrack gives it heart that's missing in Gen3's... for now.

You know, I was at the dealeship with Bill from 11am til 5pm deciding on which one I wanted. The classic Gen 2 kept pulling me back, but in the end an updated car with the s/c won out. In a few years I may look at getting into a GTS, who knows. I love the looks, and they keep drawing me back in.

My bad I wasn't paying attention to the thread. Nice choice!!!! Badazz8 or v10...Is it?

Now time to have some fun:D

I thought about the sn thing when I was first thinking about a Viper, but I figure I'll just sandbag 2 cylinders and nobody will be the wiser, haha.

Oh, and I'm going to have a lot of fun with it. It's sitting in the garage for now, but I'll probably get it out this weekend :drive: .

OP
OP
B

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And engine pics of the Viper, and the Mamba Plaque

Daily Driver Vette, and the car that was my fun car before the Viper.

The Stealth is now sitting in my driveway, ready to be picked up by the scrapping company, and the Viper is tucked nicely in the garage with all of the parts from the Stealth. As soon as I got the Viper home, I pulled the Stealth into the driveway and put the Viper in the garage.

V

Venomiss

Awesome choice for your new ride! Bill Pemberton is a great guy to buy from-we are on number three so far.:D

If you want to change from enthusiast to Viper Owner please PM Y2K5SRT with your information.

Join up with the VCA -(membership at the top of the page)if you haven't done it already! Gets you Viper magazine, disounts from all kinds of vendors, and a cool avatar picture on these boards among other goodies. It also is the only way you can buy tickets for the next VCA Viper raffle. Membership has it's perk's!

goldlifter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cool,another 25yr old Omaha owner....silver nonetheless:2tu: we'll hafta cruise em sometime