GTS Electronic ADJUSTABLE Exhaust!!!!

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone thought of installing something like this??? Straight pipes on a GTS and this adjustable muffler in the rear muffler location? My friend has electronic cutouts on his C5 Z06 and I soooo wish I could do something like that on my GTS. His car goes from a comfortable sound to INSANE STRAIGHT PIPES!!!! My thought is.... since most people remove the rear GTS muffs and also remove the cats, but keep some sort of side muffler.... Well, why not remove the cats, remove the side mufflers and install this on the rear? It will transfer weight to the rear (which is ideal for drag racing), probably lighter than 2 side mufflers and also allow to go from "Tame" to "WILD"!

Redline Performance - HKS, Turbosmart, D2 Suspension, Apexi, Tomei, Toda, Splitfire

You must be registered for see images

Here is a video of their technology- ‪Varex remote control muffler.‬‏ - YouTube

:)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be a great thing indeed. I have the M2W on the C6Z and its good but the "wild" part is still pretty tame. I run no cats and just a resonator in the sill on the GTS and its frikkin loud....once in a while it'd be nice to flip a switch and be able to talk to someone in the car1:drive:

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be a great thing indeed. I have the M2W on the C6Z and its good but the "wild" part is still pretty tame. I run no cats and just a resonator in the sill on the GTS and its frikkin loud....once in a while it'd be nice to flip a switch and be able to talk to someone in the car1:drive:

Agreed. It does get a bit loud inside at times when I don't need it.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stumbeled across this... These are the exact same cutouts my friend has on his C5 Z06. So, one could basically run straight pipes on the GTS, and then install a rear muffler to help out with noise. Then install these cutouts near the differential like in the video below to have full straight exhaust.

However, it may have bad cabin drone being dumped below car like that. I would rather have a straight rear exit. I used to have "dumped" Mustangs back in the days, I would prefer rear exhaust on the Viper.

Video - GTS ACR Cutouts - http://www.streetfire.net/video/1999-viper-acr-with-new-electronic-low-profile-exh_113598.htm

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My Stealth TT has that "Stealth Mode" switch on the dash for "TOUR" or "SPORT"

Tour is silent -stealthy.

I once looked into dismantling that assy for a Viper fabrication... 2.5" could adapt. But I did not want a 'quiet" mode back then...

Steve Wedel, past Natl Prez, had a RT10 with adjustable mufflers. They had large, flat dials on the bottoms.

Was ALWAYS loud, and obnoxiously so at full open. The dial-knobs got so hot you could only move em COLD..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang