GTS

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep your GTS cars. It will be in demand as a classic especially if Dodge does not build a new coupe for several years.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, they definately don't make coupes anymore.... So GTS have been available from 1996 to 2002. I'm sure someone knows the count. Also, wonder what the % is on wrecked , totalled, stolen, etc cars and how many are REALLY available to the public. I just WONDER, really wonder what a GTS will bring 10 years from now....

Gerald

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THe only way I would give up my GTS is if they make a new coupe.

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was an article in the new Automobile magazine that DC is considering bringing the Dodge nameplate across the pond to Europe. The strategy would use the SRT-10 as the flagship model (duh).

Anyway, to accomodate the Euro market, a Coupe would be introduced.

Not sure of the substance behind the rumor, but there is hope...

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid 60s Vettes are going for 5x original price, or MORE. If you keep your 15,000 or so production count GTS long enough..

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
15,000 was total Gen I & II count for GTS and RT/10. Keeping mine even if an SRT Coupe comes out as long as I can outperform it....and I still think the GTS will look better than a SRT street coupe. The CC looks good, however, I don't think the street version will look as good with street bodywork and ground clearance being raised.

PatrickG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really don't think that prices will go up soon. They will even "dive" when the new coupe hits the streets

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:eek: 5 hours and it lost $99,999, i had hoped it wouldn't drop that fast

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
totals from a Viper Mag article, etc..
GTS total for 6 yrs = 6401

yr '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 tot

TOTAL RT/10 236 938 2394 1421 686 72 369 409 725 1168 545 8963

TOTAL GTS 0 0 0 0 1129 1374 735 365 754
1126 918 6401

TOTAL ACR

GrTot 236 938 2394 1421 1815 1446 1104 774 1479 2294 1463 15364 15364

mine's a definite keeper !

italian1nj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yo Zoomie, I don't mean to disagree with your numbers but the '93's should be 1043. At least that is the number shown here under Viper Registry and what I was told after I bought mine. Is this incorrect, where did you find your stats? V

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our cars are much rarer in production numbers than the older Vettes. Vette guys go nuts over styff like.."They only built 2000 in this color that year" Probably the only color to hit those numbers in a Viper would be red and that would be over a spread of many years. The combination of low production each year plus two models plus ACR plus three colors combined with optional stripes and cognac leather created a whole bunch of limited numbers. For example only 119 black silver cars were built over TWO years, look at the one year colors and even lower. I'll make another prediction..The Doug Levin, Jason Heffner, Sean Roe cars are gonna carry big bucks down the road just like the Yenko or Baldwin Motion or Nickey Chevrolets do now.

james97gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I 100% agree. 6400 GTS vipers isn't very many at all. I think they will start to hold there value pretty well. All the new hype over the new SRT is over with. Not that many more owners of GTS's are going to sell for an SRT. Just look how well Supra's and Prowlers have held there value. I see Prowlers listed in the papers all the time for around 37k. Thats almost as much as they were brand new. There are less Viper GTS's then both of these cars and the GTS's blow away both of them in every category. Just because Kelly Blue Book sais its worth this or that doesn't mean its true. It all what people are willing sell for and buyers willing to pay for. Mine is worth way more to me then what a book sais it is. GTS's are the best looking vipers, hands down. They are what everybody wants.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a 1999 GTS (20.000 km) for 70.000 EUROS a few days ago ... :shocked:

PatrickG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Prices in Europe are mcuh higher with less choice :)

The "rare" thing is not everything. Otherwise you should buy a DeLorean. Even cars like a 911 are "cheaper" than new, they hold the value pretty good but the prices go down and not up.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the GTS and I'm looking for a 99 and of course I would love to see the price go up (afterwards of course :)). All I say is that you should NOT think of the GTS as an investment. I would NO car consider an investment. There are too many factors you don't know that can influent the price.

GnaeX

james97gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "rare" thing is not everything. Otherwise you should buy a DeLorean
True, but the DeLorean is a piece of crap though, and nobody wants one. Its not even in the same league as a viper. ;)

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ryan, I think you are about right on that number. Even though it is the only color I wanted, it is not rare. With 1100 blue 96's, my car will never be an investment. Yours is more rare but with ~700 of them I doubt they will hold up that well either.

I hate to say it but Turbo Supra’s will hold their values better. There are only ~6k of them and only ~3k 6-speeds. But we are not in it for the money so enjoy the car.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the GTS Viper is the most bang for your buck, Rare, you don't see them all over the road like vettes. Most people will stop and stare because they've never seen one before or not in person. And if your should ever get tired of looking at it, go for a drive and be totally blown away by the power and quality of this low production AMERICAN automobile. but I don't want to go on a rant

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the GTS\RT10 is the only U.S. car made in the 90's that is collectiable period.

Modern Vettes with their massive volume numbers are a JOKE. No way any Vette with 35K made per year will ever be worth any appreciation.

The Snake with it's style, limited numbers produced and that beautiful V10 will be a modern classic sooner than it took the 60's cars to appreciate. My guess is it will take the Gen I and II about 6 years to begin appreciating. Limited Snakes that are original like the GTS\R's, any ACR, ACR FE's, FE's, one and two year colors, 92's and 93's, all stripped GTS and RT's, Cognac's and all 2002 models will be the most sought after.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw another GTS, black with stripes, used (not much), I think it is a 2001, seller wants 100.000 Euros!

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Vincent, you are probably correct for numbers total manufactured.
The numbers above were from the Viper Magazine last year, a chart
of all Vipers registered in the US by each state.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The state by state numbers may not be too reliable. I looked at it in 2000 and it showed zero 1999 RT/10's in South Carolina. I know there was at least one, me.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is it will take the Gen I and II about 6 years to begin appreciating. Limited Snakes that are original like the GTS\R's, any ACR, ACR FE's, FE's, one and two year colors, 92's and 93's, all stripped GTS and RT's, Cognac's and all 2002 models will be the most sought after.
Most Viper colors were one and two year colors. Only Red and Black (93-95) were produce more than 2 years at a time. There were a good amount of each color RT/10 produced in '96 that they won't be collecting appreciation as well as say a 99 or 00 Black with Silver or Red with Silver. So the striped RT/10s won't be going over, say a 01 Sapphire with Connelly int, IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo