GUYS I NEED HEL LIKE RIGHT NOW!!

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pull your IAC and clean it and make sure that the tip is not unscrewed and or gunked up.I pulled mine apart, spring,spacer,pencil looking tip, and body , cleaned it all and put it back together. Use sensor safe spray cleaner. I did this on my 97 a few days ago and my low/rough idle went away!!!!!!!!! (you might not need a new IAC)

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you purchase an IACV, remove it and look at the plunger. Since the IAC valve is not in a fuel-wetted area, the detergents in gasoline do not reach it and cannot keep it clean. PCV, other blowby, etc, however can get it gummed up. I haven't had a Viper IACV out, but others were pretty obviously dirty and can be cleaned by hand or with carburetor cleaner.

txlen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i were you i'd replace the evap solenoid and the leak detection pump and see what happens from there...also look around under the front bumper while it's off..look for cracked lines from age...but replace both those parts together...my experience has always come out that way so now i jus do it that way...lemme know what you decide..Len

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK im going to clean the IAC and im going to replace the LDP pump and the LAP soleniod.

Thanks alot guys for all your help.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off with Chuck T. New LDP and solenoid on the way for a really great price I might add.

Thanks alot Chuck

and thanks guys for helpin out with this problem it really had me pacing floors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo