guys need input on a possible race

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a mazda Rx 7 claiming 7.4 sec in the 1/4 mile at over 200 mph the guy said it has a mack truck turbo on it and the car is RWD but does not spin or lift up with slicks because of "good suspension". he said no NOS

He wants to race my R/T in the 1/4 mile and he said he will give me 5 cars ahead of him (at the track lol).

What do you guys think

1. can it have that much power?
2. has anyone ever heard of a mazda rx-7 doin that in the 1/4 mile?
3.how can it have all that power and not spin of lift?
4. if all that was true if he game me 5 cars do i have a shot?

Thanks for the input guys

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he is giving you a five lengths advantage....I would launch, hit second and drift over into his lane. You will almost certainly be guaranteed a victory. :D

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I'd say if he is actually running 7.4 in the quarter, your best bet is to park about 100 yards before the finish line before you start. Then, just maybe, with a good 60 ft time you might have a shot. If he is only giving you 5 car lengths, you better get some stretched hummers out there to measure with.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my real question is do you really think he can have that kinda power.

and if so how can he not spin or lift?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing he has that much power in a rotary engine. I know those engines don't too well after 600hp.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first question you gotta ask your self is are you really that gullible?

Any car that is going to run 7.4's @200 is purly for track use. There are maybe 5 RX7's in the united states that fast, odds are this guy is not one of them.

Sounds like some stupid kid making up fantasy island stories.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Russ said...Deffinately only a few RX-7 making that kind of power. There are a few Hispanic tuners that have put RX-7 in the 7's so it may be one of those guys you ran into if they were telling the truth...

What year RX-7 is it???

If its a RX like this use the RLH technique immediately ;)

http://www.fierroracing.com/7_second_RX7.html

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was thnking. It's like a 17 year old saying he just benched 400 pounds in the gym strict. Any rx-7 doing that time is not going to be a street car. It's allout race, and then why waste your time?

AC

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why a guy with 7 sec Drag car would even bother to talk smack with a 12 sec Viper is beyond me...

Find his username at Mazda forum, read his posts, Go to track (without your viper) when you know he is there and see what times he is doing. Then go, beat the crap out of him at the track or (if he has 7 sec car) tell him to find better things to do. At the end of the day, its still just a ugly Zoom-Zoom....

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of those RX's are bad...in my bone stock 99 GTS I sold a few months ago I could flat not get away from a guy until I was past a buck-40, and I was barely pulling ahead then. We went from an 80 roll.

Since then, I've run against several on road courses with my ACR. On the straights I usually pull pretty good, but I don't think these race cars had much in the way of engine mods so they wouldn't bust out of class.

Tell the guy you'll run from an 80 roll. Just be safe and find a completely deserted wide road. Sounds like he's bluffing.

What rwhp/tq is your Viper making?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like a 17 year old saying he just benched 400 pounds in the gym strict.
AC

Whats the big deal about that :)

There are plenty of really fast rx7s

http://www.fierroracing.com/7_second_RX7.html

"Its easy to make a good car fast. It hard to make a fast car good"

EDIT: HP/Weight is what important. A car with 400HP that doesnt weigh squat is going to make it down the track pretty quickly. Remember a viper motor probably weighs as much as an entire Rx7 :)

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find someone that has a Viper that runs in the 9's and use their car. If he seen the color of your car already tell him its your other one with a couple bolt ons with only a little more HP but, you need your friend to drive it because your not use to drag racing wheel spin, etc. :D :2tu:

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No F'n way...

Where is this guy from ? I have a guy with an RX-8 talking [******] that wants to run me. He says over 800 rwhp. I say, bring it...

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its an 88 RX-7 he said he don't wanna know my hp/tq numbers "they dont matter" and he wants to run for 5k he said any viper out there for $5,000.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats his name?

East coast, could be Jose Pedilla?

Just look at the car, if it looks like a real race car then kindly bow down and walk away.

FYI a 7 Second car as this guy claims will beat your car in the 1/4 mile even if you get an 1/8 mile head start.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure he doesn't mean 7 second 1/8?

An RX7 in the 7s will have total race body, cage + checker plate interior, Lenco, rear tyres that almost touch each other, parachute etc.

Here are some 7 second RX7s:
http://www.rotormaster.com.au/subPage.asp?cid=35

He is most likely talking smack if it doesn't look like that, but there are plenty of milder looking RX7s doing 10s and 9s..

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well he wants to race for $5,000 any viper.
any of you guys that know how to race your viper wanna make $5,000??

I spoke with him last night and now I know hes full of shyt he told me there was an eclipse running 7 flat at 169 mph 10 and that he saw him do that at the track just a day ago, 10 minutes later that same kid lost to a 13.8 second audi s4.

He also wants to race for $2,000 so if any of you guys can race your car you can make a quick $7,000. lol

Thanks for the input guys.

and if anyone wants to run him for the money let me know.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with that monster HELL YEAH but you are not doing that with out me watching. lol

Hes in norwalk CT

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW I have the only viper around here so there is no comp.

I mean my car (about 500 RWHP) will smome anything around here so you can even use my car and smoke them if you want I dont have a problem with that if you wanted to do that OR and this is what I'd love to see that DLM monster completly rip them both apart.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They want to run on the street or track ? Can you get me a picture of that RX-7 ? Just want to make sure it's a real street car.

DanLyon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm suprised a BS'r could be so easly BS'd.

Somedays these threads can be better than the Sunday comics!

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they wanna run on the streets.

I have never seen the RX-7 but i have seen the eclipse (14.2) yet he still thinks it will beat a viper how i don't know, I have seen that eclipse race myself.

I do know he uses pump gas in the rx-7.

DanLyon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm suprised a BS'r could be so easly BS'd.

What do you mean?

Stop being a beech and run him. If you lose, you are out 5K. Since you think he is so full of it, and he probably is, get his 5 grand. Just dont stall at the line.
Ditto SapphireGTS.

Stop talking about it, and either run him or go watch him run. Bring a camcorder, and show some results - not just another "story".

How does someone's dream RX/7 relate to Vipers? If my son claimed his gas-powered skateboard was faster than a Viper, should we all start talking about skateboards?

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
it must be a duck (it isn't a snake).

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 7 sec and 160mph? 7 secs are a 200mph cars. he is full of it.

alex
few cars

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would run him guys but I dont have a license and that is causing me many problems right now.

Besides I can race off the line I would spin bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte