Hagerty Insurance cancelled me- Suggestions on other providers?

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hagerty cancelled me due to my wife getting a speeding ticket that took us over their limit - yeah i blame her ;)

I had exotic insurance at aro $1.5K annually (progressive wants 2K). Can anyone suggest exotic/classic providers possible more lenient w/ regard to traffic violations?

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had Grundy for several years and although I have not had a claim, they seem ok. Their pricing was pretty good too, $650 for the GTS, $703 for the SRT

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAA has always been good to me if you can get on with them :) I'm told they have a few requirements to be able to get on with them though.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,
These are all from the National Corvette Restorers Society Magazine.

Leland West
www.lelandwest.com

Classic Automobile Insurance Agency
www.classicins.com

American Collectors Insurance
www.americancollectors.com

J.C. Taylor
www.jctaylor.com

I have no idea if they just want to insure Vettes. Hagerty and Grundy jumped at the chance to insure the Viper, these guys may too. I think I would approach them as if you still owned your 69 Vette, tell them you saw the ad in the NCRS Driveline and use the VIN from the Vette to get a quote and move on to the Viper, get the quote for the Viper and then call back a couple days later and just insure the Viper, tell them you sold the Vette.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STATE FARM. If you qualify with their little "incident formula" you'll get a great rate. I used Allstate for 15 years and thought I was getting a good deals. Lets just say State Farm TRIPLED my coverage for 1/2 the price. I chit you not.....

Good LUck

Gerald

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAA has always been good to me if you can get on with them :) I'm told they have a few requirements to be able to get on with them though.

USAA cancelled me. We had all of our insurance with them for many years. When I went to add the Viper to our policy, they asked if I planned on driving the Viper at the track. I told them I did. They cancelled my car insurance and my liability umbrella policy on the spot.

We moved to State Farm and have enjoyed lower rates, with no issues about coverage.

DOLRBIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just called Grundy, they are half of current state farm policy.
I just cancelled state farm.
thanks guys