Halfshaft replacement time.. any input?

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to Ndvipergtsr, I now have a replacement halfshaft! I am planning on doing this today and was looking for input from people who have already done this? Will i have to separate the unit at the splines to get it in there? I've been warned already about not using the same bolts/ straps.. anything i am going to need to unbolt to be able to install this or does it slide right in?
I was planning on jacking the entire rear of the car up to do this swap and throwing jack stands underneath the jack points.
Thanks for any input! :)

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just unbolt it on both ends, remove it, use new straps and bolts for the new half shaft. Don't over tighten. Use a 8mm wrench.
Check so that the CV joints moves smootly, if not relplace them.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote from auction... "These NEW Viper Heavy Duty Half Shafts have been tested and will withstand consecutive 9 second passes at your local drag strip. Included are all necessary half shaft attaching straps and bolts.

We have more available as we have listed another set on eBay.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,

When you gonna tell em that they are BTR Half shafts?? PIRATE!

Tom

BTW, I just laughed when I saw the propane tank in Vipermeds car, but I didn't think that my buddy would pirate my vendor........Didn't I just order $ 2000 worth of parts from you that I could have gotten straight from the source myself?

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

These are not BTR Half Shafts, so they are not advertised as such. They may look similar, but your connection isn't the only game in town. Additionally, I'm looking at the BMR site right now and they look identical to yours, but they are not. Thanks for the kind words though!

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we're on the subject, I did have a set of BTR Half Shafts that someone decided they didn't want and I offered them to "someone" since I was going to be in Ohio for the Norwalk event to save you the postage. I purchased quite a bit from you as well in the past and I thank you for your patronage too, Tom! BTW, if I really wanted to screw you, as your implying, I could have copied your trinkets long ago.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,

It breaks my heart to war with you, of all people, but the fact remains that my vendor called me with the amount of half shafts that you have ordered from him over the last few months...this after the Jack B incident which I will not go into on this forum and I hope Jack does not either.

As for copying "trinkets", when yours can outrun mine, I might return this favor.

A friend that never phucked you,

Tom

I said my say, I'm done with this thread. Not going further here.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

I'm not going to battle you either, but I was seriously going to help you out. The reason I used the word "trinkets" is due to the fact you lumped me into a group with another person which I didn't deserve. Apologies! And yes, you are faster, but you were playing with the nitrous/propane much longer than I have with the Roe stuff. Give it time, it'll come. If I can't with the Roe, I have a Paxton client that would like to try.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love the internet.......what was this thread about?

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along? Could you guys just take outside the school yard in private? You both do great work and are amazing assets to the Viper community. Let's save this energy for 'vettes, J H, or other sport shooting targets.
Tom, thank you for cheerful response to my drag racing video order this week. I can't wait to see how to improve my lack of skills.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there may be some points I'm not getting, but I thought it was an open market in a capitalist society..are vendors sacred? Everything comes from somewhere doesn't it? I'm not sure how piracy could charged, if the vendor is selling them to anyone walking in the door. I'm not choosing sides, or wishing to get in the middle of it. I just don't see the basis for a complaint. Peace :)

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,

When you gonna tell em that they are BTR Half shafts?? PIRATE!

Tom

BTW, I just laughed when I saw the propane tank in Vipermeds car, but I didn't think that my buddy would pirate my vendor........Didn't I just order $ 2000 worth of parts from you that I could have gotten straight from the source myself?

????????????????????? Not sure where this is comming from Tom,But if you are saying i pirated your vendor,you are absolutely incorrect,Have you ever seen me advertise or distribute any sort of N2O system with or without propane.And i assure you that what you saw in my car you have already made your money on.Please do not drag me into your distributor disputes.As a matter of fact the tank i HAD in my car sold a few systems for you.Also if you ever ask some of your new customers were they heard about you maybe i would rate more than just a "laugh". Also a side note,90% of the products we sell are designed and built in house.

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well.. I wasn't expecting the vendor hijack of my thread so they can slam each other.. Sheesh.. Everyone play nice! Thanks JP for the info! I got the new halfshaft in just fine in about 30 minutes.. I've put about 200 miles on the car so far and all is well.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rock On!
/JP
Well.. I wasn't expecting the vendor hijack of my thread so they can slam each other.. Sheesh.. Everyone play nice! Thanks JP for the info! I got the new halfshaft in just fine in about 30 minutes.. I've put about 200 miles on the car so far and all is well.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Jon B @ Parts Rack, order the lightweight Unitrax half-shafts, good for 1000 RWHP. :cool:

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man twisted my unitrax halfshafts launching @ 1500 rpms on stock radials. sent them back to them and they are going to fix them. they say they haven't seen one twisted that bad in 4 years. must be that my viper is putting down way too much power compared to the rest of you guys. j/k
i guess what they say here is true yellow ones have the better motor in them ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456