what the elevation at that strip?

Can you take that hard top off?

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister...... I can take the hardtop off but, here at Infenion I can't run the car.
Mrnycguy..... The suspension is stock Running a OS Giken LSD diff with Dana 3.55 gears. MT Drag Radials 12psi B&M shifter, Xmetal TB DC mail in tune. Next week on goes a port matched intake manifold.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the elevation...Im not understanding the 119 mph trapps?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
port matched intake manifold..nice...

Cant wait to see the results with that..I saw one on Ebay for 1K....

So whats your best ET and highest mph ever so far before the new manifold...

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
port matched intake manifold..nice...

Cant wait to see the results with that..I saw one on Ebay for 1K....

So whats your best ET and highest mph ever so far before the new manifold...
I think the elevation is near sea level very close for sure. I am asking your thoughts on the trap speed. my highest is 121mph and my best et is 11.76 That day was 82 degrees out. Its on youtube as my best run. I will have the new manifold on in a week or two getting powder coated at the moment.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best I've trapped out there is in the 124-125 mph range. I'm a beginner drag racer and trying to get my 60' times down below the 1.8 second range. Biggest problem for me on Sunday was rain that night (everything very wet and cold), street tires and 600 hp. Cars running drag radials seemed to be able to get a launch off great. I couldn't get enough heat in the PS2's to make a clean launch.

Normally the PS2's start picking up rubber, rocks, etc when they get warm. On Sundays race, I was never able to get them even close to warm to the touch. Next question for the racer types, does anyone know how many heat cycles you can put a set of stock PS2's through before they start losing performance? I've gotten quite a few between autocrosses and drag racing in them so far.

Congrats to Canyon707, he kicked ass and came home with a trophy. His car ran great and he really nailed his reaction times and shifting. Best time was when he took out an 11.6 second C6 with an auto on Hoosier drag tires. That was a very fast car (obviously not stock). Overall, it was a very fun day of racing. Like we say at the track, this beats the hell out of working.:D

Cheers,
George

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty 119-121 mph seems in line with a 100% stock SRT10....You have..

-3.55 gearing
-tune
-x metal throttle body

But judging from the temps and the 2009 Vipers 123-125 mph trapps 119-121 isnt bad...

You two must have some fun races

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best I've trapped out there is in the 124-125 mph range. I'm a beginner drag racer and trying to get my 60' times down below the 1.8 second range. Biggest problem for me on Sunday was rain that night (everything very wet and cold), street tires and 600 hp. Cars running drag radials seemed to be able to get a launch off great. I couldn't get enough heat in the PS2's to make a clean launch.

Normally the PS2's start picking up rubber, rocks, etc when they get warm. On Sundays race, I was never able to get them even close to warm to the touch. Next question for the racer types, does anyone know how many heat cycles you can put a set of stock PS2's through before they start losing performance? I've gotten quite a few between autocrosses and drag racing in them so far.

Congrats to Canyon707, he kicked ass and came home with a trophy. His car ran great and he really nailed his reaction times and shifting. Best time was when he took out an 11.6 second C6 with an auto on Hoosier drag tires. That was a very fast car (obviously not stock). Overall, it was a very fun day of racing. Like we say at the track, this beats the hell out of working.:D

Cheers,
George

Beats working indeed..Then again I own a **********..So I just beat my workers..J/K

brackets are very fun..I did them years ago in a auto C5 that could run a 12.93-12.95 every single time...If i wanted to be a lil daring I could fold in the side mirrors and run a 12.91-12.93 every single time...

Auto with 2.73 gears and mild heads and cam...Unstoppable at the brackets

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do have fun. It's a great group of guys, and there's all kinds of cars to boot. A ********** sounds fun also but, I don't get in trouble at the drag strip.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was jokeing about the **********..If i owned a ********** I would be here typing to you right now.....he he he