Has anybody ever installed a speedometer calibration box?

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of installing one of those Yellow Box calibrators. I had one on my last motorbike and they worked awesome. You could adjust your speedometer so it was perfect and on the motorbike it worked great with gearing changes. Just wondering if anybody's used one on their Viper to get the speedo to read perfect? It would also work great if I decided to change tire / rims sizes. If so how did you wire it in? Here is a link to the one I had on my bike. Official home page of the Yellow Box Speedo Recalibrator

Thanks.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Unitrax in Anaheim, CA did the speedo calibration box install on my 01 GTS ACR when I changed the rear gear ratio.

You might give them a call.

Dan

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Aren't all of the ABS cars self calibrating based upon wheel revolutions not gear ratios?

Nope, the 01 and 02 Gen II's have ABS and the speedos are not self calibrating.

Not sure why this question is on the SRT forum, but it is and it looks like (by the photo) that the originator of this thread (Rizzo) may have a Gen II.

Dan

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Ringold Dodge. I traded my gen one and there was a brand new Unitrax calibrator iin the trunk. Of course this was a while ago, but it's worth a call. Yellow 95 RT10 Ferrara

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, the 01 and 02 Gen II's have ABS and the speedos are not self calibrating.

Not sure why this question is on the SRT forum, but it is and it looks like (by the photo) that the originator of this thread (Rizzo) may have a Gen II.

Dan

I have a 98 as well as a 2005 but I havent changed my pic yet to show both. The 98 should be sold this weekend so I will have to change the pic soon. I want it for my 05. I got an email back from the Yellow Box company and they are going to send me one to try as they are just developing one for a Viper so hopefully I get it and try it out.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it helps, I can scan and post the Unitrax Speedo installation instructions from the unit I'm selling. It does have a schematic with PCM Pin numbers (GenII) however it's specific to the Unitrax unit.

Speedo1.jpg

Last edited:

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Dakota Digital has one as well and it was very easy to hook up. I believe it was a four wire affair and one of those was a chassis ground. I put one in an ls1-rx7...took ten minutes to get working when I got the correct wiring.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4