Has anyone flat blacked an entire Viper?

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow can't say I think too much of that look at all. Looks too ghetto for me. I would hope nobody would take their expensive car and ruin it like that. Looks like driving around with just primer. Not sure I can get that drunk. JMHO.

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a friend who was seriously considering doing that to his GTS. I think he was quoted somewhere around $2k for the job. He never did it though. I'd like to see it, I think it could end up looking pretty cool

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're gonna do that then you're better off buying several can's of grey primer and painting it yourself. At least it will stand out in grey primer.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That look works on the GT and Porsche, but not the Viper. For some reason the Viper just looks slab-sided in flat black.

OP
OP

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a friend who was seriously considering doing that to his GTS. I think he was quoted somewhere around $2k for the job. He never did it though. I'd like to see it, I think it could end up looking pretty cool

That doesn't sound too bad considering a good clearbra install can run half that, and here we are talking full car coverage.

That look works on the GT and Porsche, but not the Viper. For some reason the Viper just looks slab-sided in flat black.

Agreed. The angle and reflection of the bright sunny day in those Viper pictures doesn't help. I'm wondering how a GTS would turn out. The R8 was kind of cool too.

Here's a picture I took of a Supra at a local car gathering - I believe this was painted though. Pretty bad ass in person.

flat_black_supra.JPG

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw someone on here with flat blacked stripes. THAT looked very cool. (Instead of doing the whole car). I can't find the picture now.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw someone on here with flat blacked stripes. THAT looked very cool. (Instead of doing the whole car). I can't find the picture now.

Tis mine ;). Thanks for the compliment. I just got deep dish black center wheels for it.

8648Black_on_black_022_web.jpg

8648Black_on_black_025_web.jpg

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Deadeye, is that paint or vinyl?

I remember seeing that before, really nice looking car.

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Deadeye, is that paint or vinyl?

I remember seeing that before, really nice looking car.

Thanks! I wasn't sure about it when I did it so I used vinyl. People ask me that alot even while looking at it in person. The only bad part is that its got a subtle texture so I can't get wax on it. I just use ICE near it and try to stay away while waxing and polishing.

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I wasn't sure about it when I did it so I used vinyl. People ask me that alot even while looking at it it person. The only bad part is that its got a subtle texture so I can't get wax on it. I just use ICE near it and try to stay away while waxing and polishing.

Very cool. A while back I started a thread asking if anyone had done '96 RT/10 style stripes on a non-'96 car. I thought black 96 style stripes would look cool on my yellow '95. And then I remembered your car and thought maybe it would look even better in flat black. If I actually get serious about it I'll have to come to you as the expert :2tu:

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flat black stripes :2tu:... flat black car - ghetto. I recall one of the Italian makes doing a flat black - can't remember who (was in Autoweek about a year ago) - and saying it cost MORE than regular paint to achieve the consistent sheen. Also, if there is a scratch you'd have to repaint because any polishing would make the flat shiny! :lmao: I'll stick with good 'ole base/clear thanks.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty funny...you got some really big grass where you live.:D

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The flat black stripes on the black Viper look good. Flat black all over just looks terrible. That supra is one of the dumbest looking cars I have ever seen. It needs those shocks that bounce the car up and down too.

TheKevin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like flat black but not on newer cars. i think they look better on the old school hot rods. gloss black on a viper is just ****.

deadeye, now your's is an exception. that looks badass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21