Has anyone gotten the SRT-10 Sirius Satellite Radio to work?

Dead President

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that the yellow owners manual addendum discussed how to extract the EIN # from the RBQ radio to enable the Sirius Satellite Radio service for the SRT-10. I followed the instructions: turn the key to accessory with the radio off, then simultaneously hit the Time and CD Eject buttons for 3 seconds. The EIN number was supposed to appear on the display, but nothing happened. You need the EIN # to call Sirius to enable the service.

Are they just teasing us?

Is there really an integrated satellite radio in the SRT-10?

Frank

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sirius-ready radio in the Viper? Interesting.
Also, if you have Sirius (or XM) in one vehicle, do these companies charge the same monthly fee for service in your second car?
(If they do, I guess the way around that is the portable unit from Delphi.)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did not work for me either. Not sure if the SRT radio is one of the ones specified as we do not really have a button called DC eject.

Also noted they mention something about a rooftop antenna. Something we do not have. It seems as if they stuff various pages in the owners amnual even if they do not apply. I recevived a Goodyear warranty card along with the Michelin. Go figure.

On another note has anyone been successful getting mp3's to play. I would have expected a CD player in 2003 to have mp3 capability.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha. Drove it 64 miles taking it home and did not turn on the radio with the engine running. Never thought to listen to the radio (or CD). j/k

It is a standard DC radio and has the in-windshield antenna so I wouldn't figure it be much different.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk about excellent customer service, but Alpine monitors this board, and I've gotten some messages from them, he writes on this topic:

There is no integrated Sirius tuner in the SRT. You need an external
Delphi tuner box and antenna in order to receive Sirius signal. Without
the tuner box connected, you won't get an EIN# As far as I know, SRTs are
not getting the Sirius option yet.

Oh, and Viper_SRT's question about MP3s, the RBQ does not have MP3 play
capability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960