Hazard lights malfunction??

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2008 vert and just starting having issues with my hazard lights. When I hit the hazard button to turn on the lights only the front right light blinks and blinks fairly fast. Dont think its a fuse problem or none of the lights would flash, correct? Also had a problem, not sure if its related or not, with blinkers. They quite working for a few hours, then started working after playing with the blinker lever a bit:dunno: Could there be a short in the steering column? Blinkers continue to work fine now but the hazards still do not. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hazard light switch is the master control it overrides the turn single when pressed, I would only assume without testing the wiring it could be the multifunction switch is deffective or you can try to work it in a little by continually depressing the switch to clean out the contacts.

Viper Club HQ

Viper Club of America Business Office
VCA Member
Reaction score
Page 234 &235 of your 2008 owners manual list the fuses as #9 for headlights and #13 for hazard flashers.

Page 194 shows where the fuses are located.

If you are covered under warranty you may want to have this checked by a dealer.
Another option would be to PM one of the Viper techs like Mark Jorgensen from Woodhouse to see if they have a few ideas you might want to try out first.