head gasket question

Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im starting to see a little bit of liqid on to of my motor under the intake, I think it maybe the head gaskets starting to seep antifreeze. I have heard a lot of gen 1's have this problem, does anyone know if the later 94 model has this same problem? Also where could I go to find the cheepest prices on the head, intake and valve cover gaskets?
Thanks,
Adam

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As, Phil Lee, 94 red RT, said.
Generally, there may be exceptions, the head gaskets will leak out the bottom, and deposit coolant on the floor. See picture of mine (you can see the drips):
Yes, ALL Gen 1's (through 1996 RT/10)

428CoolantLeak05.jpg

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those gaskets look like the ORIGINAL Gen1 type fiber gaskets - not sure, but looks like it; not what you want to replace with.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam are you sitting down?
Upper engine gasket set GENI #4626640AE MSRP $1015.00 :eek: Less 20% VCA, in stock. :cool:
914-763-3136

Those gaskets on e-bay are the paper ones, YOU DON'T want to use them!

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops, sorry for not knowing these are POS (just trying to help), and thanks to ruckdr and Chuck for setting the record straight!!! :2tu:

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some steam out from under my hood the last time I drove my car. I also see "fluid" under the intake. At this point it is sitting, basically done for the year anyhow. I will pull the intake this winter and try to determine where it is coming from. If I have to do the head gaskets so be it. Will give me something to do, had no plans but clean this winter for the Viper.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search on my ID..I posted a series of step by step instructions when I replaced mine.

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tip of the day. Purchase 03 head gaskets for your gen 2 and save some money. For some odd reason they are cheaper than the gen 2's.

OP
OP
A

Adam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I use a set of head gaskets from an 03 or not? You like to have gave me a heart-attack, maybe I can't afford this car and attend college, lol. :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96