Headed to New York

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Fellow Viper Folks! I am headed to New York City for my first big city trip. I will be there from August 17th to the 21st...staying at the Four Seasons...anyone want to show my better half and I around? Or at least offer some good suggetions on where to go? Looking foward to the trip and hope to meet some of you folks while I am up there on this rare trip.

Thanks!

Ryan

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
scott (citysnake) or adrian are gonna be the best for info but i'll throw a few places in the hat.

south street seaport (go hangout,good food and party)
dillons steakhouse
dos caminos (if ya like guacamole and drinks)

thise are my 3 favs.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
scott (citysnake) or adrian are gonna be the best for info but i'll throw a few places in the hat.

south street seaport (go hangout,good food and party)
dillons steakhouse
dos caminos (if ya like guacamole and drinks)

thise are my 3 favs.

Really like Dylan's that much? I think that means we have to do another run there. :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for NYC, there is PLENTY to do but without a more specific idea of what you want to do the list is endless. I will list my favorites:

RESTAURANTS
Dylan's Steakhouse - Tribeca
Amazing steak house with a different atmosphere. It is a bit dark inside which sets the mood of the restaurant but the food is AMAZING. Also not that expensive. Runs about $50 a person for a nice size meal. Appitizer, meal, & dessert runs about $75 a person. Drinks run it up from there.

Jekell & Hyde Restaurant - Central Park
If you want entertainment, this is a good place to go. Live entertainment and actors run around the restaurant while you eat and the whole restaurant atmosphere is like the original Jekell & Hyde movie. Also love of puppets, a wall pharo that talks, etc. Although it sounds like it might be something for people that are younger, this is great for all ages.

Hard Rock Cafe - Times Square
If this is your thing, then I would recommend attending. Tends to be a LONG wait since it is now in Times Square.

Dealerships
Manhattan Motorcars - 17th Street
This is a LARGE dealership with every car that you can imagine. Authorized dealer for Porsche, Lamborghini, Saleen, Spyker, Bentley, BMW, & Rolls Royce

Ferrari/Maserati Showroom - Park Ave Midtown
Has usually 3 or 4 cars on display. Not a dealership but nice to see how they set it up.

Bentley/Lamborghini Long Island - Jericho, Long Island
(30 Minutes from NYC)
If you want to see a collection of cars, this is the place that you have to go! Manhattan Motorcars is huge with lots of variety but if you want to get out of the city and see what a dealership can do with land and inventory, you must go here. On any given day, you can find at least 200 EXOTIC cars at the facility. Autorized for Lambo and Bentley but have a whole second showroom for all other exotics. Now they have two Porsche Carrera GTs, A Ferrari F40, Noble N400, 5x Ford GTs and that is just a few!!!

SIGHTS
There are plently that you should see but here are a few that come to mind:

Central Park
Times Square
The Plaza Hotel
Rockefeller Center
Fifth Ave & Park Ave (Can Make You Go Poor Quickly)

If you want more information on any of these destinations or addresses, please do not hesitate to ask. I know there is A LOT more to do but this is what I can think of at the moment. Adrian, feel free to chime in.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah we should do a lunch or dinner that week and meet up.

Sounds like fun! We will be there from the 17th through to the 21st and staying at the Four Season's....any suggestions. HINT: I know nothing about the city and will most likely get lost unless we can take a cab or walk there ;)

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GotOne, sent you a pm give me a call and let me know if you want to meet @ Wolfgangs Steak House 33rd and Park Ave. I can make reservations will get more people to come....Adrian

P.S. If time provides maybe a few of us will cruise up to Tators so you can meet The Wizard

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ryan:

So many things to see here if you've not visited before. I'd suggest you check out a Broadway show. You can buy tickets on-line.
Extraordinary restaurants are everywhere. Much depends on what you think you'd like to see and do. The 4 Seasons is midtown on East 57th street (Bloomingdales, Tiffany, Bergdorf, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, etc.). Plan on walking a LOT. You might also want to consider some strolling thru SoHo and Chinatown.
For a first timer, heck you might want to take a Circle Line Cruise around Manhattan which is kinda nice on a hot day. Maybe a visit to the Statue of Liberty?

Give us some idea of what you think you'd like to do and we'll give you some ideas. Shopping, eating, sightseeing, theater, music, strolling, cycling, etc.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah the soho walk is nice and thats where one of my favorite places is for gaucamole...:)

and of course you gotta walk thru canal street for the total NY experience..lol

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ryan:

So many things to see here if you've not visited before. I'd suggest you check out a Broadway show. You can buy tickets on-line.
Extraordinary restaurants are everywhere. Much depends on what you think you'd like to see and do. The 4 Seasons is midtown on East 57th street (Bloomingdales, Tiffany, Bergdorf, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, etc.). Plan on walking a LOT. You might also want to consider some strolling thru SoHo and Chinatown.
For a first timer, heck you might want to take a Circle Line Cruise around Manhattan which is kinda nice on a hot day. Maybe a visit to the Statue of Liberty?

Give us some idea of what you think you'd like to do and we'll give you some ideas. Shopping, eating, sightseeing, theater, music, strolling, cycling, etc.

Working on the itenerary right now :) So, maybe a dinner or lunch with you folks during the week at some pizza place or hot dog place? I know it sounds weird...just thought someplace cheap and easy during the week...with some new york comfort food?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working on the itenerary right now :) So, maybe a dinner or lunch with you folks during the week at some pizza place or hot dog place? I know it sounds weird...just thought someplace cheap and easy during the week...with some new york comfort food?
The Carnegie Deli (maybe for a lunch) is not too far from your hotel (55th and 7th). THAT'S CERTAINLY a NYC experience! :D

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check out Emilio Ballato in Little Italy or il Mulino in the village. Rated the best many years in a row.

Grays Papayas is the best spot for a hot dog.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Carnegie Deli (maybe for a lunch) is not too far from your hotel (55th and 7th). THAT'S CERTAINLY a NYC experience! :D

Close is nice as I have NO IDEA where anything is. Would a lunch work better for you folks? How is parking for you guys?

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dinner Tonight???

call me if interested

Ryan Fox

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics