Heads and cam swap gen3 to gen4

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just feel that if I took off my ported, milled, worked greg good heads and put stock gen4 heads on my car would def make less power.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of power are you making and remember is not just the heads look at the intake

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im making 659rwhp with gg ported heads and manifold, cam, arrow throttle body, k&n intake.belangers with flo master racing mufflers. I doubt there is any na. gen 4's with all bolt on mods with stock heads making that. I could be wrong tho? Whats a gen 4 do with bolt ons? I know with ported heads they can make high 600'S. I guess what im saying is im sure gg ported gen 3 heads will make more power than any stock gen 4 head.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we did some more work on my car change the TB for the arrow and did some more work on the tune and with the cooler temps we hit
661hp at the wheels and the tq was 624, I also change the rear end gears back to 307. My heads are stok gen 4/5

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! Thats better #'s. A throttle body and a tune gave u almost 40rwhp? Thats amazing. Todd said my tune was real safe. The 1/4 mile mph is the only way to tell. What manifold is on ur car?

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The manifold is the one that arrow makes for the drag pack motor, what it is is a manifold that bolt on on the gen 4 heads but as you can see I can used a trottle body from a gen 3.

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! That manifold is the secret then:) I thought it was a gen 3 manifold. So thats def the key. If ur doin gen 4 heads on a gen 3 that manifold is a must! Now it makes sense. With ur first #'s I was thinking why not just port the gen 3 heads and make more power? nice build Cubican! You have something very unique there! I have a gear question for ya. I run drag radials 24/7. Im so stumped on this gear thing. I hook now with 27 psi. If I hook with 345's its gotta be faster in the 1/4 mile No? Im stock trans as well. What do ya think leave em or change em?

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your using drag radials you can adjust the size of the tire or rim to get the correct gear ratio, but if your doing road racing then the 3:55 work great

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K thanks. I have 19 inch rims with nitto drag radials. Ill get it as low in the 1/4 with those. Then try the 345's. I just put sidewinder 2's on and I like the look:)

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a complete rear end just rebuilt by unitrax with 3:55 for sale if your interested

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I did a wavetrac when I did my build,, so if any thing ill just do gesrs. If ya have any 333 gesrs ill take them:) every viper i had had 333's. Dont think its gonna happen this time! I never messed with trans ratios. Is there anything I can do to trans ratios that would make 345's or 355's similiar to 333's?

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running the gen v tr6060 with the updated 5th and 6th what a difference that made.

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im def jealous of ur trans! I would have to have 1 thru 4 changed for then dragstrip. Not sure if they can do that. Ill look into the tranzilla to see if they do it

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Great numbers with the cam and tune. My bolt on Gen 4 is making 614 to the wheels with bolt on's and the Mopar PCM. There's a few more bolt on Gen 4's in the same neighborhood ~ 625 with a tune. The VVT cam seems to be the limiting factor right now for the Gen 4's.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much coin for that Drag Pac manifold? I have the GEN-IV heads and everything else....including a lower GEN-IV manifold. If they offered a single TB upper manifold for the GEN-IV lower, that would be sweet. I guess I could fabricate a single TB upper fairly easily...not that I need to since I'm building a blower manifold, but it would be good to have an additional single TB manifold on the shelf for my other set of GEN-IV heads.

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the Mopar 150hp head/intake kit?
What cam are you running?

I've been considering the Mopar head kit with the Roe 710R cam, headers and dyno tuning.
-concerned about valvtrain reliability with the Roe cam though................:rolleyes:

Roe sold me a forged Short Block for this setup (Mopar Kit), included custom cam, ITS GREAT! he knows this stuff + custom tune.