Heads up for those needing an oil change...........

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Advanced Auto has a special going on. Mobil 1 Synth(your choice of weight) plus a Mobil 1 oil filter for $26. I bought two(10 quarts and 2 Mobil 1 filters), using 0-40W European formula. Now I can run my 99 for 5000 miles switch out the filter, run anotehr 5000 and have an extra bottle of oil to boot! The sale runs thru the 29th of June I think.

I think that Tom, F&L GoR had said that the European formula was almost as good as the diesel oil in regards to the anti-wear proporties. :2tu::2tu:

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I normally do 5000, and the synthetic oil is designed to last 25000. As long as I have the oil analyzed, and it comes back safe, I would think it would be fine. I would be "refreshing" the oil with a quart when the second filter is installed. If I am wrong, I will get blasted by the guys here. :D:D

I am curious to see of Tom chimes in. The European formula is suppose to be real good stuff.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. it's a very good formulation and viscosity grade.

The oil drain interval is a sound decision - especially since I doubt there is cold weather driving involved. Heck, I'll be impressed if you get 10,000 miles in time to remember where you left the extra quart.

However, it is not the fact that it is synthetic that allows long drain - it is the amount of additive. You shouldn't care if the oil is OK after a drain, you care about the engine. It is the protective additives that provide the longevity to your engine.

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input Tom. What I was thinking is that at 5000 miles, I would switch out the oil filter and add that extra quart of oil. I have to admit that I rare get 5000 miles before I do an oil change. I normally would wait 5000 miles, but if a year has gone by, I'll do the change it out around December regardless.

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I normally do 5000, and the synthetic oil is designed to last 25000. As long as I have the oil analyzed, and it comes back safe, I would think it would be fine. I would be "refreshing" the oil with a quart when the second filter is installed. If I am wrong, I will get blasted by the guys here. :D:D

I am curious to see of Tom chimes in. The European formula is suppose to be real good stuff.

With a 10,000 mile time frame at what mile intervals are you having the oil analyzed?

OP
OP
99 R/T 10

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was more of a hypothetical, but if I am driving that much, 3000 mile interval. But like I posted earlier, I would change it out in Dec. regardless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang