Heads?

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
What are the best heads for a '99?

I've searched the archives and it looks like Jeff Morey's are the ones to get.

My primary concern with any upgrade is reliability, with HP/TQ a close second.

I read that Jeff Morey designed the original Viper heads, so it seems like he would know what he's doing...

Who carries his heads? Any prices available?

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for all the contact info.

Bill, looking forward to your dyno results.

Most seem to recommend a cam change when doing heads. Is this because there is some symbiotic relationship between heads/cam where if one is matched to the other, you'll get better performance from both, or is simply practical because the engine will have to partly disassembled anyway so best to do both at the same time?

Thanks!

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get at least 500 RWHP with our cylinder head package on any year Viper. Prices start at $ 3495.00 and all of our cylinder head upgrades include a 3 year, 20,000 mile warranty and our performance guarantee.

If you are considering Nitrous or other forced air induction in the future, our cylinder head upgrades can net you typical gains in excess of 750 RWHP on a Gen II Viper at over 900 RWTQ. I have not had a single customer using our cylinder head and nitrous system combination make less than 720 RWHP and 910 RWTQ. Not a bad deal when you consider the cost and reliability.

Best of luck in your search.

Tom

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have the flow rates for the Jeff Morey heads?

I wonder if there is a chart that compares all of the heads together.

OP
OP
D

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Does anyone have the flow rates for the Jeff Morey heads?

I wonder if there is a chart that compares all of the heads together.

This is *exactly* why we need a few common topic-specific forums. These same questions get asked again and again and you have to either dig through old posts or ask a question that's already been asked six dozen times.

C'mon moderators, whaddya think?

It would make finding info MUCH easier.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Sneakypete send that PM my way as well I also have a 99 and im looking for heads as well thanks

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is alot more to a good set of heads than flow numbers. Also, you should compare flow data at LOW lift when considering cylinder heads for a low lift, low rpm producing V-10 engine like the one in your Viper.

Ask your vendor about combustion chamber shape, runner shape and length, bowl area, valve pocket, valve angles, back cut, etc.