Heat Issue

Mamba55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey gang i wanted to know what i can do to insulate the issue with the vipers pit getting extremely hot. I want to know what you all have done to change the heat issues and if you have any pics please post them.

thanks,
Paul

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My high-flow cats are bigger than the stock cats in the side-sill area, thus they block airflow and they actually make the side-sills hotter ...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the Corsa track and Roe Racing insulation wrap courtesy of Chuck Tator. I would say it eliminated 40% of the heat. No noticeable heat on parkway. Slight heat in aggressive driving. Side sills are warn on exiting. Just becareful getting back in within the next 1/2 hour. Heat soak.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa track exhaust and random tech cats.

Much reduced cabin heat, and the side sills never get so hot that they burn you.

fixbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Corsa track and random tech cats. This will cure the heat problem. Side sills will not burn. Unfortunately, you will lose all the hearing in your left ear because this system is LOUD. Burbles and pops are like a fistfull of lady fingers going off. Constantly on any deceleration.

Just make ABSOLUTELY sure your corsa tracks are installed forward, just back behind the side sill opening as they will truly expand at least 1/2 inch back and will damage the plastic wheel well cover if installed initially too far back. (ask me as I learned the hard way). Have an experienced exhaust shop do it that has done this exact system before.

No need to insulate with this exhaust system. Drove comfortably in 95 heat once system installed.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AtRo Racing Products Heat Elimination Kit AtRo Racing Products Heat Elimination Kit consists of a wrap that you put around all of your exhaust system including the cats, mufflers, pipes, and crossover. After attaching this wrap with the supplied stainless steel clamps you will coat the entire system with the supplied coating which seals all the pores and makes the wrap waterproof. Also supplied are custom cut mating that goes inside of your car between your carpet and the side sills. This mating runs along the hole side of the sill from the back of the seat to the front of the footwells and forms a barrier to keep the heat out and the A/C cool air in the cabin. We also supply custom cut mating that goes under your floor matts and is glued to the bottom of the mats. Then you will glue the supplied rubber mating to the bottom of the heat shield on the mats. This is an easy to install kit that does not alter the looks of your car in any way.

Robbie
Feel free to call me at 203-641-8569