Heat Problem Resolved?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, this is what we understand. Reports in from the first precincts indicate that the car is much cooler. (Maybe that was Florida though?)

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up my black SRT yesterday. I drove it home,just over 30 miles,it was 35 degrees outside, and there was no excessive heat in the car. Actually in was cold in the car and I had to turn the heat on! Unfortunatly the roads here are all covered with salt dust and I had to wash the car top & bottom when I arrived home. The car is Fantastic!

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any engineering types out there that might guess exactly "how" they would deal with this heat issue? Just curious.
Dave

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well... I drove it around 40 miles, on a 60 degree day, and the tops of the sills were VERY hot. No heat (that I could tell) inside the car, but the sills themselves were as hot as my 97 gets. I don't think any hotter, but you will burn your leg if you are wearing shorts. I think the difference is the sill area on top is a lot "thicker" than the old sills, so your leg has more chance of "hitting" the sill, so more chance of burns...

I checked around the sills, and I couldn;t see any crazy cooling ducts or anything, so I'm thinking they just threw some header wrap, or other coating in there.