Heel Toeing Gen 4 vs. Gen 2?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What method or style are you track guys heel toeing your Gen 3 or 4? I wore my old Gen 2 like a suit and it was very easy to roll your foot over to blip the gas but on my Gen 4 when the brake is applied, the accellerator seems way down and I cannot roll the foot over very easy to blip. Having a big foot does not help but what technique are you track rats useing on the Gen 3 or 4? Thanks.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What method or style are you track guys heel toeing your Gen 3 or 4? I wore my old Gen 2 like a suit and it was very easy to roll your foot over to blip the gas but on my Gen 4 when the brake is applied, the accellerator seems way down and I cannot roll the foot over very easy to blip. Having a big foot does not help but what technique are you track rats useing on the Gen 3 or 4? Thanks.

I prefer to brake with the lower part of my foot and angle the top over on the gas pedal to blip the throttle. I have size 13's.

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am struggling with this too. I wear a size 15 shoe and it tough.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I find it very difficult to do with the slow throttle response of the 08. After I blip the gas, there is a delay until it actually revs. I really wish they would come out with a fix or upgrade for this throttle by wire crap.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It amazes me that these expensive cars that are used a lot for the track are not made with proper spaced and height pedals. Many of the imports come from the factory perfectly done. Mazda and Lotus for example.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it very difficult to do with the slow throttle response of the 08. After I blip the gas, there is a delay until it actually revs. I really wish they would come out with a fix or upgrade for this throttle by wire crap.
WELL SAID..........

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find just the opposite, I get cramps in my foot straining to heel/toe my gen 2 but gen 3 and up I just blip teh throttle with the outside fo my foot while I have the ball of my foot on the brake , REAL EASY!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Gen II took some getting used to but became very easy. I was able to shift like a pro.

Gen III took a slightly different approach but became easier too.

For some reason, these 08 / 09 cars are the most difficult to heel / toe with. I'm getting better at heel / toe but the throttle hesitation (with Mopar race controller) and accelerator pedal location makes it tougher than the previous two Gens.

I still brake with the ball of my right foot and then rotate the side of my right foot over to hit the go pedal. Timing is off due to the hesitation and truly "rev matching" isn't what I'd call this yet, but with practice, you can improve.

Archer Racing says they can adjust the accelerator pedal position to improve this function. I'd try and catch them at a Viper Days event and have it done there. I'll catch them next year when they come back to CA and have them adjust my gas pedal.

Dan