Help! Any Cat back systems near PA/NJ area

pavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a new Viper RT/10 owner and am looking to modify the exhaust note with a cat back system. I have listened to the sound files available online for Corsa and Borla and the Corsa sounds louder and a bit more agressive. Are these files representative of the actual sounds in person? Before purchasing I would like to listen to modified systems live, if possible. Is anyone aware of any Viper get togethers in the eastern PA or NJ regions in the near future? Alternatively, any proud Viper owners in this area that would permit a visit to let me hear their modified exhaust systems? I am about an hour Northeast of Philly.
Thanks,
PAvenom
2000 RT/10 K&N's, Smooth tubes, and hopefully soon new Cat back

greatbeyond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Pavenom! Never ever trust the sound files! They Lie! Depending on the sound setup of the video camera, media and the rendering software, sounclips will vary. Some exhausts will sound louder while others will sound queiter than what they really are. However I can tell you this: Borla is certanly louder than Corsa if you are talking catback versus catback. The best thing to do is hear these exhaust setups in person. Unfortunately I am not a patient man so I based my decision on the sound clips. Not that I dont like the sound of my Borla (with Random Tech High Flow cats)but I just expected it to be louder. I like loud :)

As for Corsa, it has it's own fan following but others say that it's too mellow and on occasion sounds like a UPS truck.

Any exhaust can be made louder or quieter to cater to your taste by modifying headers, cats, catback and mufflers. Many people love to do their own muffler deletes to start off with. Search for "Cheap Muffler Delete" in the forums, it was a great post by Gary Little.

If you are thinking catbacks then I personally would go for B&B if given a second chance. Best compromise between Corsa and Borla and by far the best workmanship.

Take care!

GB

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an example of how true the statement of "sound files lie" I heard a sound file of B&B (on the advice of Sean Roe) and hated it, 2 months later I was at Chuck Tators for a few things and heard a B&B cat back lets just put it this way im buying one next week.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a Borla cat back. I have a modified one on my car that I am looking to sell(it has about 2000 miles on it). It is the older style Borla with an H pipe and two small resonators in the rear where the stock muffler would sit. I live off exit 8A on the Jersey Turnpike.

Let me know if you'd like to hear it.

Joel

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put the B&B cat back on my 02, I live in the Harrisburg area and there is a Corsa catback close by as well. You are welcome to hear mine.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and CONGRATS on the Viper!

BRAVO!
You are going about your exhaust system search in the correct way.
My reply to the "what exhaust should I get" or "what exhaust sounds the best" always elicits my standard "get to a gathering of Vipers at a *******, a local club event, or a Viper Days event and take a listen for yourself as exhaust "sound" is sooooooooo subjective and guys are VERY passionate about THEIR system that they have invested (in most cases) over a grand into.
Consider hi-flow cats while you are at it as it helps cut down on the side sill heat and affects the overall sound. My Corsa w/ RT hi-flows had NO drone at all and was kind of tame at idle (deep) and normal driving, but hit the loud pedal and it was like a howlin banshee, scaring little kids and women that were close by.
Good luck!

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in Yardley. I have the Corsa and Radom Tech. high
flow ceramic cats..... It rocks. If your local, you can
check em out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member