Help - CURB RASH!

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night was a beautiful night for the top down...so I took out the Viper. A pretty uneventful trip until I got about a mile from my house. As I was turning at a stoplight, an S2000 decided that looking at my car was more important than looking at where he was going while turning left. As he turned, he began to drive way too close for comfort, so instead of allowing him to take the driver's side off my car, I swerved to the right...only clip the edge of the curb (OUCH). The edge of my 10-spoke is chipped up a little, so nothing that was too harmful to the car itself (am thinking of new wheels anyways...so this may help me make my decision).

However, in the meantime...does anyone know a place in Richmond they would trust to possibly remedy this unfortunate situation?

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Go to the local mercedes dealer and ask them. I did the same thing and they had a great wheel refinisher guy take care of it for me. Can't even tell anymore that it used to have a scratch. If they can't help, you can always come up to the DC area and contact Euro Motorcars in Germantown, MD. Ask for the body shop manager and tell him what you need. I would give you his name, but I can't remember it.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would see this as an opportunity to buy new wheels, not fix the old one.:D

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a member in PA that may be able to repair it for you.....he did the wheels on my SRT8 and you would never know that two of them were curbed. PM me and I will forward your info to him if you are interested

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike: **** Tire recommened a mobile guy to me who has come to my house and fixed several of my wheels over the years with great results. Call me Tuesday when I get back to work where I have his number. Terry

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to see what it will cost to have it repaired, but may also take the opportunity to get some 5-spokes like I've wanted...anyone know of any good deals?

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to see what it will cost to have it repaired, but may also take the opportunity to get some 5-spokes like I've wanted...anyone know of any good deals?

Usually some on ebay. In fact even the new 6 spokes that dealers have a hard time getting are on ebay. Also try Jon B.

I have both 5 and 6. I had 5 spokes chromed by Calchrome and they are my all time favorite Viper wheel and I think i have had almost all versions. You could leave yours on , buy 5 or 6 spoke and send off to Calchrome. They also paint lettering (SRT)