HELP HELP!!! traped

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My dad is on the phone... Key fob won't open car, entered through rear hatch currently trapped inside car can exit only with alarm going wacko can't start please advise

MR. BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pull on the emergency release to quickly get out of the car.

To shut off the alarm:

Inside the glove compartment, up top, there is a place where you can insert the key of the car. Insert the key of the car, turn, and from what I remember of the Viper video the alarm should go off.

How the hell did he enter through the rear hatch?

The battery on the fob must be dead. For replacement, look in your owner's manual for the size of the replacement battery.

Hope this helps! :2tu:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a latch on the top of the door on both sides. It says emergency exit or something like that.

OP
OP
L

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Remember boys n girls if you don't have a working fob,your s-o-l............I took the battery out and reinsertsd it. to my surprise it worked.........time for a new battery.....thanks for the replies.....dave

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had this happen not too long ago (key fob not working). I also took the battery out and reinserted it...with success. I then drove straight to the Dodge dealer to buy extra batteries.

FE92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: HELP HELP!!! traped

second day I owned car same thing happened to me.(except for the trapped inside part) my fob battery was dead also.

Then a few weeks later, I accidentaly left the keys in the ignition (turned to accessory). Came back a few days later and the car battery was drained.
Doors wouldn't open and I didn't have the keys to open the hatch since they were still in the ignition!
thank goodness for the spare set in both cases!!

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the fob won't work you shouldn't have to crawl into the car from the rear. The emergency door releases are located so that you can reach in and release the door from the outside after you have opened the hatch with the key. It pays to read the owner's manual or review the video (if you have one)! :p

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This happens to me every few months and it is NOT the battery in the key fob or the car battery. I'll arrive somewhere after a longer drive than usual (like heading to the city on a date), get out, and try to LOCK the doors and it won't work. Nada. Zip. Lock the doors manually, and then try for an hour once we get back to get the doors to unlock with the remote. Finally works, and then acts normal for months again. I have A)turned around and gone home, where it works fine after another long drive B) changed the fob battery during one of these episodes to no avail, and C) reprogrammed the remote about a thousand times.
Any advice on this, oh guru's of emergency-release???

Danny Ocean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad is on the phone...currently trapped inside car...please advise

Not to worry. The car battery will die eventually. Just slip dad some food through the hatchback every few days.

Oh, BTW...my wife has just gone into labor. Can anyone tell me how to proceed? I don't want to miss this afternoon's car show.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad is on the phone...currently trapped inside car...please advise

Not to worry. The car battery will die eventually. Just slip dad some food through the hatchback every few days.

Oh, BTW...my wife has just gone into labor. Can anyone tell me how to proceed? I don't want to miss this afternoon's car show.

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

Shame on you for thinking of something else other than your wife at such a very important moment :crazy: