help! keys locked in trunk!

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make a duplicate key and hide it in an accessible location on the car!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen: The solution is real, works on Gen III and IV Vipers. If any of you cannot remember to carry a spare set of keys and actually suffer this particular problem (as many of us have over the years) there are several of the long time posters here who are quite willing to assist you on a case by case basis...once the "assistant" feels comfortable that you are the owner of the Viper.That said, I have no intention of mass mailing such sensitive info to just anyone asking for same. And, yes...I do carry two full sets of keys with me on any Viper outing.

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to get in. I ended up calling Tom and he told me the trick. Sorry im just now replying but thank you nsane and Steve for the willing support. I think im gonna make a 3rd set and hang them on a necklace for my lovely wife...

Oh, and the secret is safe with me! I didnt even let the locksmith who I had called see me do it. Thats a whole different story for later. What a day!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sure happy that you were successful. As you can see, there are always a few folks here with known phone numbers who are quite willing to try to help felLow owners.

shotjock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello! I locked my keys in my 2003. Would you be able to PM me or call me? 954-464-1212. Thank you soo much!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"The year matters"...to quote JonB. Feel free to CALL me...as I do not pass along written instructions to security problems as they have a possibility of going viral...and with that, the sad possibility of going straight into the wrong hands. 317 402 9013

Mumbles05

VCA Member
Reaction score
Does this trick involve a plasma cutter? lol
I can see being concerned about the wrong person knowing it but if someone wants the vehicle, they are probably going to come with a rollback flatbed and take it. Also, don't store the hope diamond in the trunk. I am glad you were able to help that person though.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great reply !! :)

My hope is to keep some hack-with-a-drill away from all Vipers. Sadly, at Viper Days many years ago, I walked across the paddock just in time to see a drill in action on a Gen I's trunk lock...fixable, but totally unnecessary.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Feel free to call me as noted in this thread. I don't do PM's as I prefer to know to whom I am speaking on such security issues.

Manny Rahimi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im assuming it has to do with popping the hood and supplying power to a fuse or relay? For all I know, i have no issues with someone getting inside. its getting to my engine that im more worried about